Skip to content

Re-Captcha usage tripled since 15/1, number of links the same

The Re-Captcha usage (through capmonster.cloud) of my GSA SER v15.90 installation has at least tripled since the last updates earlier this week, the number of links and threats remained the same however. I understand there were some speed upgrades but would expect the number of links to increase as well then. Anyone experiencing the same?
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You see the same increase in stats inside SER?
    Sorry, I have no explanation for now.
  • Hi Sven, Thanks for your prompt reply. This is the point: I do not see a higher rate of submissions / approvals in SER. All parameters are unchanged, just the upgrade to the latest version(s) was made.
    with stats I meant the stats of solved captchas next to the captcha configuration dialog.
  • Got it. Yes, these stats in SER and capmonster match pretty much.
    ok, but still i have no explanation really. What is your main source for the submissions?
  • I am not using site lists but let SER find target sites, mainly blogs and articles.

I also contacted cloudmonster, they are responding: "Most probably your software/bot requested too many captchas  when working with some website. You should review software logs."

Is there anything I can find in the logs?
  • This is a look at the Captcha usage stats. Pretty stable until Jan 14. The usage would even be higher, if I let SER run 24 hours as usual but not stop it manually.

OK so maybe it's about Wordpress then. There was a new option introduced to do searches without quotes. That (according to a forum thread here) produced a lot new results and possibly a lot new targets for SER to post to.
    Though when it comes to wordpress, you get a lot of successful registrations and logins but later can not place a link as they do not allow guest posts.
    Did you enable that new option under the search engine list?
  • yes, i am still finding that overall it is getting more verifieds without using the quotes,
    not all of them are successfull, a lot still get "0"
    i dont know if it takes more or less time, because if it gets "0" results using quotes it still has to do that process, & when it finds more "identified" it still has to go through processing all of them,

but overall it finds more verifieds without using the quotes (in my humble opinion)

you can do the same as well by removing the quotes (just do a find & replace using a .txt file)
    using this

options
    tools
    search online for urls

you can use loads of search engines (ticked) & then by the time it gets back to the same search engine a time will have elapsed & the proxies will not burn out.

use the predetermined platform footprints (or whatever you want)

but the big difference between the 2 is that you only get identified with the bottom one,  & verified with the top one.

i have both running sometimes & have one project taking the identified urls that are found from the above method.

• Sven said:
    OK so maybe it's about Wordpress then. There was a new option introduced to do searches without quotes. That (according to a forum thread here) produced a lot new results and possibly a lot new targets for SER to post to.
    Though when it comes to wordpress, you get a lot of successful registrations and logins but later can not place a link as they do not allow guest posts.
    Did you enable that new option under the search engine list?
    Just checked as I did not change any settings.
    "Don't use quotes on search terms" is NOT enabled.
    OK, so we can skip that one as a cause. But other than that, I don't know what it could have been really. Do you still have the previous version on harddisk (usually linked to start menu)?
  • I also had to downgrade version after trying latest for 2-3 days. While the latest version did use all threads, LPM was actually much worse for me. I kept getting "required URL was not used in form". While I know this error is usually from the targeted website itself, seems weird that after updating this error comes endlessly but 0 issue for past month on previous version. just my 2c.
  • Sven said:
    OK, so we can skip that one as a cause. But other than that, I don't know what it could have been really. Do you still have the previous version on harddisk (usually linked to start menu)?
    Sorry, I had been away for a couple of days. No, I do not have previous versions on my harddisk. On the contrary, I installed the recent updates to v15.97 now and the issue remains the same. Re-Captcha usage has increased by at least factor 6.
    This issue might linked to one that was fixed in latest update. Please report back if the latest v15.99 version fixes this.
  • Sven said:
    This issue might linked to one that was fixed in latest update. Please report back if the latest v15.99 version fixes this.
    Looking good! It appears the problem has been fixed in the latest release. SER is running for 10 hours now and captcha consumption back to normal. Thanks for the fix!
    cool so it was related to this other issue. Who could have thought that! Thanks for reporting back.
    Thanked by 1organiccastle