Skip to content

Suggestions to improve the spinfile macro

GJPGJP
edited September 2012 in Feature Requests
Hi all, happy to be here. I've been using GSA for a week and I love it. Thanks to Sven, S4ntos and Ozz for their hard work.

I just wanted to give a suggestion for the spinfile macro. I like to make a huge phrase database for the niches I am in to use as content for my lower tiers.
I use that database a lot with xrumer and it's #file_links macro (there is links in the macro name, but you can use it for anything with text). In xrumer, you can specify additional options for this macro : namely how many lines you want the macro to randomly take, and how it should be outputted (attached with an additional space between two sentences, attached without space, or with a line break between each sentence).

It would be great to create totally random content for lower tiers.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well give me the exact syntax and examples and I might add this.
  • In xrumer it works like this :
    #file_links [file_name,number of lines,line output method]

Example :
    #file_links[C:\myfile.txt,10,S]
    This will take 10 random lines of the myfile.txt file, and separate them with just a space.

The line output methods are:
    S : separates 2 sentences with just a space
    L : separates 2 sentences with a blank line
    N : separates 2 sentences with no blanks at all
    just added this and it is available in upcoming version
  • Wow thanks that was fast. Did you keep xrumer's format or did you change the spinfile macro ?
  • Woww . thank you GJP for request this feature . I use it with xrumer a lot.

doe sit support spintax  for example in the text file  I have URL like this format

[url=http://www.website.com]{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}[/url]

will it spin the anchor text each time ?
  • Hey durjoy, yeah it's a nice feature.

I'm trying it with in-content links now with xrumer format, but the macro is written as it is (ex. #file_links[C:\myfile.txt,10,S]) in the text field and doesn't pull content right. It shows up fine in the test tool when creating a project though.

For spin format you'll have to ask Sven I guess.

@GJP you say it is not working for you other than in TEST? How do you use it in detail?

@durjoy it should work as well if you use spin syntax in the file as well.

• @Sven I have the same problem just like GJP. In the project setup when I hit TEST it works fine but when it actually creates a profile/account/post it just put the syntax (#file_links[C:\myfile.txt,10,S]) and not the actual content.

really strange :/ worked for me.

I changed that now to be recursive for upcoming version. Let's see if that fixes it for you.

Next version also can use parameters like NP, SP, LP (P means read not random lines but from top to bottom).

Are there any more macros people use from other software maybe?

• @Sven I use it for a lot of things, to create articles out of random lines, to pull only one line of a file for titles or registration info (nickname, country, etc..), or for urls + anchors like <a href="
    #file_links[C:\urls.txt,1,N]">#file_links[C:\anchors.txt,1,N]</a>

Others macro I'd like from xrumer : [url=website.com]anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}[/url] : it automatically converts the link format to bbcode or html, depending on the platform. Maybe you can add something like that for wikis plus the above.

And maybe, if it's doable, the #trans macro (format : #trans text to translate #notrans)
    When used, it detects the country of the pages we are building links, and automatically translates what's inside the macro.
    All you have to do in our program is using normal html. It all gets converted to BBCode or Wiki code or anything that the engine needs. That translate macro is a bit wired and would cause additional queries to e.g. google. I don't think this gets added soon.
  • @Sven does this macro supports spinned content?
  • Wow, awesome if it converts automatically.

Yeah, you don't need to kill yourself for the trans macro. It's somehow useful to spam sites incognito, but yeah it's not so much needed right now.
    @atiiila yes
  • cool thanks Sven :)

I checked in test mode and it didn't work so wanted to be sure.
  • edited September 2012
    Another feature that would be cool is to add the option to insert this syntax/macro more than one time in the text box.. something like this:

#file_links[C:\myfile.txt,4,S]

#file_links[C:\myfile.txt,6,S]

#file_links[C:\myfile.txt,6,S]

#file_links[C:\myfile.txt,4,S]

I am asking for this because with the current setup I can only create articles with one paragraph.
    Thats already added. You can use that macro as much as you want.
  • Ah sorry then.. it's again the preview's fault :p it shows only the first macro.
    fixed preview now fro upcoming version 
  • I am not familiar with this spinfile macro. Would someone mind answering me this.

in your txt file do you just list your sentences line by line so:

first sentence
    second sentence
    third sentence

same with anchors?

first anchor
    second anchor
    etc..

Next version also can use parameters like NP, SP, LP (P means read not random lines but from top to bottom).

what do these parameters mean. Can you give me an example please?

thanks
    @theorbital yes thats how it works. NP, SP,LP means the same as the parameters without P except that no random lines are used but it is read the file one line after the other.
    @gjp #trans ... #notrans has been added as well now.
  • This is a very cool feature. Could be even better if the number of lines it pulled could be specified as a minimum and maximum... something like... #file_links[C:\myfile.txt,(4,6),S]... this would pull a random value with a min of 4 and a max of 6 sentences... that way there is less sentence number footprint.
  • +1 for the above suggestion
    next version has this
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Anyone interested in writing a detailed #Macroguide with examples etc.?

This is what I've copied so far: http://pastie.org/private/opx2vzd3kpv2okx14ovkg

The one who does this will get a small gift from me for his work ;)
    hmm this should be my job to do a proper docu I guess. :/
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    You can win the price, too :)