Skip to content

Add Exif Data, ALT Text to images

londonseolondonseo London, UK
edited August 2021 in Feature Requests
Hi @sven - can you add an option in SER to add Exif data, alt text & title to images

Comments

• Alt and title tags for images are configured in content_search.dat IIRC. Exif data would have to be present in the image files to begin with.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ExIf data can be added with GSA Image Spider. I see no way adding this feature to SER as it would need to have direct access to the images and also be able to upload and use them.
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    Sven said:
    ExIf data can be added with GSA Image Spider. I see no way adding this feature to SER as it would need to have direct access to the images and also be able to upload and use them.

Is there a screenshot to see how it is added?

I have checked here but do not see anything: https://docu.gsa-online.de/image_spider/options

• londonseolondonseo London, UK
    cherub said:
    Alt and title tags for images are configured in content_search.dat IIRC. Exif data would have to be present in the image files to begin with.

Please give an example of how this is done.

Thanks
  • Open up content_search.dat in your favourite text editor. Search for sections with 'type=image'. These are definitions for each image content source. The html in the 'result=' line is what is returned. You can edit it there.

For information on Exif you're best off Googling it.
    Thanked by 1londonseo
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    When you have the list of images in GSA Image Spider (locally imported or scraped), you just click EXPORT and you can save and modify ExIf as you want...
    Thanked by 1londonseo