Skip to content

[FEATURE SUGGESTIONS] Updating articles

The software evolves a lot and on our side, we improve the scraping of the articles with all the new functions or parameterization errors.

Is it possible to think about two options:
1 - to update the articles with the new program settings
2 - replace / overwrite posts on WordPress while preserving the same link of the publication ?

The reason, google indexed me 3600 articles and I wouldn't like to erase and redo everything :'(

Francois

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im afraid that changing the content of an article is not that easy. That would require a totally new interface and way to login/edit things.
  • FrancoisKFrancoisK Paris
    edited November 2020
    Probably the ...5x version :)
    Already, if we can dedupe the keywords of one project from the others, it would be great.

You mean something like: clicking EDIT->Remove kewords being on other projects -> popup -> choose projects -> OK -> remove from current project ?
    edited November 2020
    No, the objective is to duplicate all the items of a project or all the projects present in another project or all the other projects
    ===
    Is it possible in the event of errors or reinstallation of wordpress, to be able to republish articles already published, an option would be the right one to do so :):blush: ?

===
    Slug
    Is it possible to have no space in the link ?
    For example :

Link created
    20-idees-a%ef%bd%96ec-a-good-abm-digital-marketing

Error link displayed by google
    20-idees-avec-a-bone-abm-digital-marketing/

Good link ?
    20-idees-a-v-ec-a-bone-abm-digital-marketing/
    slug: OK, Im trying to improve this on next update.
    --
    published select/not select is added for next update using right click->select/filter...
    --
    I just have problems understanding what you mean with your first request. Please show a sample.
  • Yes, thank you. In the links, there are special characters, which should crash my server

Example :
    e
    t
    εt

My request,
    - Delete identical posts/articles in one project from other projects
    - Ability to re-export posts/articles, even if they have already been exported

couldn't you add that as a project filter itself so that words with that get replaced?
  • I find that as ''Add'', it is easier to ''remove'' see the screenshot.
    At least for the keywords because it is the keywords that will make the articles.

edited November 2020
    Hello Sven,
    Thanks for the corrections

Link: it is possible to convert letters with accents by letters without accents, because currently you delete them.
    If it creates more problems, leave it like this

This is where, if it is an option :  improved article import from folder/file ?

I know you're overworked...
    On the forum, it would be nice to explain your new options / patches and find the participation of your community to make a complete manual. :)
    Unfortunately, I don't speak English and I'm a beginner in your tools.

Francois
    edited November 2020
    with the new version, how to change the status from ''Published'' to ''Unpublished'' : option to select published/not published articles
  • I found, it is by republishing the articles

• Hi Sven,

Without wanting to bother you, there are still some small problems in the slug that does not display or convert the characters and makes the link not SEO friendly.

- The accentuations
    - characters such as: Ɗ, Ⅴ, t , e

Arn't that chars from the "character spin" algorithm?
    edited November 2020
    Yes,
    I'll see if it's possible with GSA not to decorate the titles but just to spin

But I don't think that's possible. It would be nice to have this option of not just decorating the title of the articles ?

next update will auto remove the charspin from the title for the slug. It will also try to replace ancient chars with a-z.
  • Top, this is good news :)

edited December 2020
    Hello Sven,

Thanks for the special character fixes in the slug, it's a very good thing. :'(

- Is it possible when forcing the re-publication of articles, to change the re-publication date by the current date ?

- When selecting duplicate titles, is it possible to select unpublished titles/articles in priority ?

Example, if I have 2 titles of articles generated in duplicate or triple, it happens that it selects the title of the article already published and not the new title / article.
    Francois
  • Hello Sven,
    1 - As I have big problems when exporting with xmlrpc errors, this process blocks 4 or 6 articles before having the xmlrpc problem.
    I've tried everything but nothing solves my problem.

2 - I use the All Import plugin.
    I have a problem of encoding ''UFT-8'' when exporting to CSV or XML.

3 - In XML import, out of 300 items in the file, the plugin finds only 2 to import

4 - With the import tool of Wordpress, I get error messages:
    Impossible to import Article "XXX" and I only import 50% of it.

I attach a CSV export
    edited December 2020
    oops error,  the problem is not solved yet

>- Is it possible when forcing the re-publication of articles, to change the re-publication date by the current date

I will put latest publish-date there and keep older as well.

>- When selecting duplicate titles, is it possible to select unpublished titles/articles in priority ?

I will try to come up with a solution here.

> import error...can you try to cut that file down to e.g. the only articles that are not imported? It might be some issue on the encoding or a character that is not understood by the importer that has to be removed...though I can not test this myself.
    edited February 2021
    Hello @Sven
    Tip: To help me create my title list (titlegen.dat), is it possible to export (with French accents) in a txt file only the titles of the articles.
    After that, I retrieve them and add my variables to it
    Francois

export using the template "All Titles in One Text File (titles per line)"
    edited February 2021
    Thank you :)
    OK, I have a problem with accentuation
    Will it be possible the same thing in Ansi ?
    No hurry

you can modify that template and add some replacements that will be performed on export.
  • Hello @Sven,
    I'm cloaking my articles.
    A suggestion: Insert my text on the first two lines of the articles

On the principle of titles (titlegen.dat) and variables, it would be to insert 2/3 sentences that would be inserted in the first 2 / 3 lines of the articles.

It would allow to display them in Google's results and thus not to display recovered content including the name or web domain of my competitors.
    Domains should be filtered out automatically already!?
  • @Sven, There are some web domains that I don't know in advance. I've received several complaints of duplicate content because of these 2 lines of Google referencing
    OK, but S*L*N doesn't look like a domain after all ;) OK I will think about it and hopefully come up with a solution.
  • For me, the idea is to add a text long enough to take up the space.
    titgen.dat is a good start to think about
    In SEO there is title (titden.dat) / description (description.dat?) with the variables %name% %verb%.

Thank you for listening
  • @Sven ,
    I will go through the translation mode
    Retrieve English to French articles
    It will be more convenient to avoid duplicate content.
    Sven said:
    OK, but S*L*N doesn't look like a domain after all ;) OK I will think about it and hopefully come up with a solution.