Skip to content

Spin manually imported articles

Hi @Sven,

Could you please point me out the right steps to spin manually imported articles in CG? I've tried several times without success.

Cheers

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you right click on article and choose to spin its content.
  • I already tried that with espinner and thebestspinner and none of them worked.
    what error did you get?
  • None at all that's why I thought I was doing something wrong.

My steps were:

1. Right click on the project>Insert Spin Syntax for Highlighted Articles
    2. Marked: Skip already spinned articles and Don't spin articles with capital letters.
    3. Hit enter and the load bar shows up.
    4. The output stays the same 

And spin syntax options look like what? Can you send screenshots?
  • Is this what you mean?

Could it be that you have already spin syntax added? Maybe post a screenshot showing the listing of the articles.
  • Nope, I don't have any spin syntax added.

Well you have...the !SPIN! in the "Size" column shows it.
  • The articles aren't being spinned at all. If the spin syntax were being inserted I'd be able to see it inside the imported articles and that's not the case.

I tried again with another article and I had the same result, nothing happened.
  • When you have the !SPIN! in the "Size" column, double click to see article and click on refresh, you will see spinned article. Test to export articles. 
    Thanked by 1przamunda
  • Thanks @dade1200 it was that, I thought CG had to insert the spin syntax into the original file so I wasn't looking any other option.
  • Thanks about the info to hit the refresh button to see a new article (spinning).

Lets say I have one article with spintax added (so GSA says !SPIN! in front of the article). And GSA also tells me that the article has a MaxUsage of 222.

What is the easiest way to use all those 222 spinned articles? Like do I have to export / post the article and open it by hand + click "refresh" again to get a new one? Or is there some kind of easier way to do it?

Also, is there any way of seeing how many of the 222 possible articles I have used / exported / generated?

Thanks!

This MaxUsage is not 100% exact. It can be even more so if you export the article 222 times here, it should be OK and use this article that much.
  • Ok, thank you. So from the workflow here it would be "Click on the Article" -> Export -> Text (with Spin, with html) and when I do this the second time right after the first time, it would give me a different article then?
    you can as well enter a number in the export dialog other than 1 to export the same article more than once.
  • Thank you Sven! That makes it clear. What about that use case:

Lets say I have 10 articles spun english content (with !SPIN! in the software). Now I would like to get it translated to German. The software would now create a new project with the translated content. 

Now I would like to re-spin the original articles (that are in English) and translate them again to the same language, German again. So that I have different German articles about the same 10 topics.

So what would be the easiest way to do this or get the original content respun again directly in the software?

Thanks again!
    You could repeat the steps 10 times here but with translation it's a bit different. The resulting article might be the same after all as the translation of different spins might be the same result.