Skip to content

IP blocked by Planethoster when publish in mass

Hi, i can not publish more than 5 articles, Planethoster technician tell me that our software write wrong login password.

IP ............ has been blocked by our firewall

Thanks for your help.

David

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    "Planethoster" is the hoster of your wordpress site? Are the 5 publishing tries where you don't get blocked, are successful?
  • Yes, planethoster is the hoster. It works with articles only.

Always this result (see screenchot inclosed)

• Please note that we can not enlarge error window, fullscreen too
    So I guess it's not really the password being wrong but the hoster decides this is an attack and rejects further steps. I would ask them directly if there is some limits you have to follow in order to post (like wait xyz minutes between posts).
  • Hi Sven, thanks, is there any news about planethoster limits ?
    hmm with "I would ask them" was a suggestion for you as you are in contact with them.
  • I was not sure. :)

This the answer:
    "We applied a rule to filter attacks to "wp-login.php" and "xmlrpc.php".

Since the COVID-19 situation, we are seeing a considerable increase in brute-force to WordPress.

At the moment the blockage comes after 5 simultaneous requests to exactly those two files.

Normally, once authenticated, there should be no more wordpress connection requests since a session is created.

To avoid blocking, it is possible to use two independent browsers. For example, Chrome (with your wp-admin access) and Firefox (to consult your front office)."
    So waiting xyz minutes after 5 requests would be another option I guess!? If so, I can try adding it as an option.
  • Yes I think we can just do that. For the option you will add, maybe we can adjust manually on our side x requests and wait x minutes to test. What do you think Sven ?
  • planethoster answer:
    Please wait 30 seconds between login attempts.
    latest update lets you define if/how long to wait between article posts. It will also try to logout again after publishing.
  • Thanks Sven, finally i tried with 90sec between and it does not work.

Planethoster tell me that today:
    "Normally, according to the safety rules in force, blocking will occur if there are more than 5 connections in an interval of one hour to the back office."
    Thats a strange policy and I don't know what that should be useful for but anyway...right now the program always tries to login and post ... maybe it would be ok if i simply do not logout and post all the articles in one step?

can you provide account data to debug?
  • For GSA user who use Planethoster, now it seems to work.

Planethoster put my IP in whitelist. I need to desactive MOD security too for each domain.

Sven, maybe add possibilty to do not disconnect and reconnect when publishing ?
    yes I can try that.
  • hello
    have you set up n epas to log out of publish now seven?
    yes, thats already included.
  • hello
    at planethoster the ip are blocked after 5 requests it is necessary to call the service which it puts you in white list is the miracle that publishes quickly it is a happiness but with much of work moreover the ip in white list remains 2h 
    well you can delay submission with the option "Seconds to wait after publishing article".
  • j dont work planethoster block ip after 5