Skip to content

Is there a limit to total number of CAPTCHA tries? Is same proxy used for all tries?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited May 2020 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
I know some systems have a limit and will lock out a user after x CAPTCHA fails.

But...I also know that this might only affect things if one proxy is used for consecutive solve attempts on fails. Which way does SER handle consecutive solve attempts: same proxy or different?

AND, if same proxy is used, what's the highest number of total tries suggested?  I have used various external solvers, and even the ones at the end of the list seem to get used, so it seems having a high number of tries does work.

Thanks...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    SER will use a different proxy if it decides to retry a certain submission step.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited May 2020
    Thanks, Sven.  I've been wondering about this for literally years. It's good to finally have asked! :)
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @Sven @Deeeeeeee

Will all sites reload a different captcha each time you retry ??

If it does not and load the same captcha then you will have 2 different settings as fasr as i see it = 

Setting 1  : machine solving like GSA CB, Xevil, ETC  === 0 retries  because if it could not solve it the first time it definitely not going to solve the same thing the 2nd or 3rd time.

Setting 2 : human solvers like 2 Captchas and other  === maybe 1 - 2 retries 

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    no, not all...some will e.g. only generate a new captcha once every 10 minutes or so.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee