Skip to content

How to do scrapings and whatever it is to make this thing work again

I can not get my campaign to work one bit. When I started I got links which were green but it came to a complete halt-now nothing. I can not get it to work because I have no idea how.

Is there anyone out there who can give me some vital key information just to get going, whether it trying to scrape a list or what, I have no idea how to do that and it's pretty annoying.

I tried watching a video that showed me how to get urls with gsa but when I do it it doesn't work.

The screenshot shows the part where I am talking about. For example I go to save the file in another location and after a while I'll check and it says no urls have been saved. Do I have to save them externally or does gsa save them? I suppose this is what I have been trying to find out all day because if gsa saves them automatically then I wont even worry about saving for other campaigns as I don't need them at this point. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    skip this list scrapping from the screenshot. Instead start the project normally and show us some log lines.
  • You need to buy a list
    or
    you need to buy google passed proxies to scrape google
    or
    you need to by a proxy scraper program and learn how to get proxies to scrape google to get the list.

The easiest is to buy a list and get your project going.

SER is pretty difficult program that will require you to put in time and effort to learn. It won't just start and make you links. If you have questions you can search for them on google like this

https://forum.gsa-online.de " your question"
    https://forum.gsa-online.de "how to make lists"

I hope this helps! Good reading!

• Thank you for your comment. I have been sitting here trying to work out how gsa works. My campaign isn't running and I don't know if its because of my keywords or site lists.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Hi Michael! The Gypsy speaks (well, writes!) truth.

Your keywords are not as important as the three issues he mentions.

If you buy a list...the target web sites to post to are supplied by YOU. So GSASER knows exactly where to post, and there's no need to scrape.

But if you aren't using a list of target sites, then scraping becomes necessary. In order to find targets, GSASER needs the help of search engines. And, SE's will quickly block you if they see your IP repeatedly hitting them with queries.

SO that brings you to The Gypsy's #2 and #3 suggestions.

You can simply find proxies that are safe to use with GSA software. I can suggest trying out StormProxies, as I've used them for years and the service is great.

Whatever service you use, be sure the proxies are approved for scraping, else they will boot you.

And of course, you can use Sven's GSA Proxy Scraper, which checks public lists for proxies, and then tests them.  You can even use the built-in proxy scanner which will search IPs for proxies that anre't even on public lists!

Or, you can use both a paid service AND GSA PS...you choice, entirely! :)
  • Thanks for the long comment, but if I use lists whether my own or somewhere else, do I still have to enter in keywords to the keywords sections?
    "Thanks for the long comment, "

ugh..I have to work on brevity, friend. Long-winded comments aren't so good. lol

" if I use lists whether my own or somewhere else, do I still have to enter in keywords to the keywords sections?"

You def don't need them for scraping, as that part of process is skipped.

HOWEVER, in Projects>>options

see

For TAGs use: ◉Anchor texts ○Keywords

to NOT use KWs for tags, if form on target site requests a tag.

• Ok thanks! Would you believe it when I first bought gsa it and set up a campaign it started building links, but since then even with lists it has not built anymore, ever since that day when I first bought it.

Can you give me some directions on how to prepare for link building with gsa? I have many of the elements in place I think I'm just harvesting the wrong lists... Where do you think I should start?
    edited February 2020
    Hey, Michael...I'll keep this brief. :)

✔Proxies: Make sure you have them both for SCRAPING and POSTING.
    ✔CAPTCHAs: See above.
    ✔E-mails: Buy a catch-all.
    ✔Content: Use Spintax.
    ✔Search Engines & project Settings: Fine tuning for your projects. (See the many threads on this msg borad)
    TEST EVERYTHING!! (Be sure you start GSASER in Admin mode and have HD space!)
    Then once you make links:
    ✔Indexing: Indexer service and/or GSA-SEO Indexer.

Check the Message logs that scroll up on the bottom of the screen. You can learn a lot!

Why not include that as a screenshot? Maybe ppl on here can help you find out whatsup!

• Ok thanks! But how do I start it in Admin mode? 

And, As I grab a list of urls do I still have to use keywords?
  • MichaelvgMichaelvg Melbourne
    edited February 2020
    Here are some of my screenshot logs:

I'm very slowly getting the hang of it, even when I get a little closer, the excitement is so un surreal Im mean just the thought of controlling my own backlink structure is so good 
    edited February 2020
    "I'm very slowly getting the hang of it, even when I get a little closer, the excitement is so un surreal "

I feel the same way.  Using GSASER is a lot of fun to learn. Then testing ideas of how to make different backlink structures is also incredible. :)  And finding stuff that works is unbelievable!!

You need to run the program as Admin. You may have trouble writing to certain folders on the C: drive otherwise. Right click on shortcut or .exe and choose Run as Administrator. The account priviledges will be higher, and SER can even run  other programs (like GSA-CB, etc.) Or, just make sure it's set this way in the .exe, I'm unsure what the default is when you DL and run it.

Looking at your screenshots...

I see your project is importing 717 targets from your list. Did you already make backlinks using that list? You have many "already parsed" messages and that makes me think so.

You need to set GSASER to be able to make additional links on each target if you've already done so.

If you want to scrape (that is, search) Search Engines like Google, etc., you can disable the list. And to scrape them, you DO need KWs (but I think it does depend on which engines you have enabled, in the end). The keywords are only necessary when using a list if you happen upon a target that uses tags, and you want KWs as tags, and not anchors, as described above. Hope this helps a little :)

The "400 Bad Request" on proxies means the proxy seems to have failed. Some proxies go up and down...but you may also see "500 errors" on bad proxies, I think...
  • Yes I just right clicked and changed it to admin settings, it made the computer restart so it must have done something....

I'm in the process of making content for gsa so I can then get links from Scrapebox and go hard that way; see I still don't have the content...