Skip to content

Use Global Site Lists > Use Search Engines [low priority]

OzzOzz
edited August 2012 in Feature Requests
As I was forced to use global site lists due to the bugged update yesterday I noticed that there were many gems in this list hiding. Because of that I want to ask for an option which do the following:

-> use global site list -> if there are no/few targets -> use SEs again

I see a problem with this option, as it could be that it has to repeat crawl the lists again and again and GSA has to find a balance between crawling and searching if there are just a few targets in global lists.
I don't know if there is some workaround for this, but if thats the case I wish for an option to activate this in the project option.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Hard to do this really.

For now it is like this: If you run off all search engines, than the global site list is used all the time if there are now targets, else it is only used if there are no search engine results and also not that much targets are loaded from the site lists.

• OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    Maybe it is easier to add an option like RMC project -> Status -> Force global site list (until no more targets).

But again, low priority request, as I know how to force site lists, but it could less complicate though.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I think being able to right click project > status > use global site lists would be a cool feature.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@s4nt0s: added it to upcoming version

• OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    You should give this option a try if you have feeded your global list for a while. This is especially usefull for your Tier2-3 projects. You will save some threads for searching and using them for posting only. I use my Tier1 projects for searching/feeding + posting and all other tiers just for posting.

If your site list is big enough you should enable this for one of your Tier1 projects also from time to time. I'm using it since the bugged update and my submission rate raised significally. But you have to keep an eye on that because it could happen that you run out of targets.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited August 2012
    Just want to say that @Ozz told me about using site list for tier 2 in a PM to save resources...and it's a great message. Up there in the top 10 tips for me I've come across. :-)