Skip to content

Backlinking NOFOLLOW links. Should I??

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited November 2019 in Other / Off Topic
Is there any reason to bother doing this?

What about  good, reputable backlinks from well-known sites with ridiculously high Trust Flow,  but the page the outbound  links are on are marked REL=nofollow.

Should I EVER bother creating higher-tier backlinks to such inbound nofollow links?

I am unsure of the role of NoFollow links in SEO and what we should be doing with them.

Thanks...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im not the expert on this topic, but I would build links to it as we all know big g. was counting the links in the past even with the nofollow tag.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    " I would build links to it as we all know big g. was counting the links in the past even with the nofollow tag."

OK, cool. I've begun doing this with my newer project you know about, "IS." ;)

I understand this all a lot better now, Sven. I have been totally clueless for so long, kind of faking it, when it comes to SEO.  :blush:   I have had a lot of areas I didn't understand, but finally I am getting it. :)

Thanks for the reply.

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    No follow links don't really provide ranking value, possibly a bit of trust if they're from well established large domains but I mostly scatter them in my profiles for diversity but I wouldn't actively build tiers to them or submit them for indexing.
    Well indeed more a trust thing, but imaging you just have dofollow links....that would be a bit suspicious in my eyes.
  • Hasn't G. recently said that they are ignoring the nofollow tag? They said something along the lines of "taking clues" from it.
    https://www.searchenginejournal.com/why-google-turned-nofollow-to-hint/325713/
    https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-nofollow-link-attributes/325255/

That being said I haven't noticed anything extraordinary around my sites and still rue every second spent on manual commenting on niche sites with nofollow.

Ahh thats true, G. is ignoring the nofollow thing now.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "Ahh thats true, G. is ignoring the nofollow thing now."

It just makes more sense to include everything when trying to get an accurate picture of what a site is to the rest of the Internet.

To ignore an entire class of links...just because...a system admin decided to make outgoing links NOFOLLOW...makes little sense.

That's not to say they're counted the same way, or anything. Just that ignoring them would be to ignore a useful data set.

Especially b/c such links are often the BEST I see anywhere! ;)

I'll continue working on my newest web project like the way I had been...