Skip to content

[New Software] GSA Keyword Research

>> GSA Keyword Research <<

It's not our best software, but it might get to one after adding some more features. Judge for yourself and remember it will grow over time (life time license & free updates as usual).

More on the products webpage:

https://www.gsa-online.de/product/keyword_research/
Thanked by 1goodvibes

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    New GSA software?! Sick!! :):):)

Have to try this out. DLing now...

Congrats on your new release, Sven! :)
  • Bought it! Love it!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It's not that advanced by now but hopefully will get better over time. Im always open for ideas.
  • iwebseoiwebseo The Internets
    Bought it as well, and I'm sure it will be a beast one day. 
  • I think this software can have many other possibilities and features. It can have a wider range of customers too, even bigger than SER has. There's a lot of work to be done on the interface too.
    When many of these additional features added up and interface improved, price should be somewhere between $100 - $150 (which I and many others will happily pay).

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2019
    You guys should suggest  features you would like to see. I've given @Sven some ideas, but it would be nice to see some feedback from users.
  • First, the interface. It's pretty lame sometimes since some columns can't go up and down and I have to scroll a lot of keywords in a tiny field.
    Second, there should be a clear button where you can save your progress. This is the third time my progress is not saved and that makes me go >_<
    Then we can talk about new features.
    Correct me if I am wrong, @s4nt0s but I think you started a project similar to this one. It was pretty cool with a good interface... People will pay $$$ for this kind of software.

edited October 2019
    @Aleksandrius- Yes, I did create a KW tool a few years ago. (which I never released) I agree that the UI needs some improvement. I gave Sven some of my UI ideas for this KW tool a few months ago so I'm sure it will improve over time.

I was just curious to hear what ideas other users had, but thanks for sharing some feedback.

>First, the interface. It's pretty lame sometimes since some columns can't go up and down and I have to scroll a lot of keywords in a tiny field.

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean with "columns can't go up/down" ? You mean sorting them by a click? That is working for me!?

>Second, there should be a clear button where you can save your progress. This is the third time my progress is not saved and that makes me go #+**

Hard to follow this one as well. A "clear button"? And what progress is not saved?
  • TheGypsyTheGypsy Madrid
    edited October 2019
    Good to see you releasing a new tool Sven!
    I've got some questions:
    What is the meaning the red and yellow X in the Keyword competition module?

It would be nice to incorporate some link data into the keyword module like:
    Total number of backlinks to the domain.
    Number of backlinks to the page.
    Unique referring domains to page
    unique referring domains to the whole domain.
    Not sure where to get the data but it would but it would be nice to see some link information in the keyword competition module even if it's paid.

Also it would be nice to have the ability to add URLs into the keyword competition module manually as a way to compare pages to each other or just make a quick audit of pages.

Keyword density would also come quite handy to help us see what to aim for when writing an article. Also if there is a possibility to manually add sites we could compare our pages to the already ranking ones and adjust accordingly.

Currently there is no search volume for the keywords only the indication of pages indexed by google. What sources are you planning to incorporate into the tool if any to provide search volumes? I mean Bing, Google, third party, free, paid?

Thanks!
    >What is the meaning the red and yellow X in the Keyword competition module?
    hold the mouse on the icon on the status bar to get the explanation. Red = present, yellow = party present, green = not present

>It would be nice to incorporate some link data into the keyword module.

This will get added on one of the next updates

>Also it would be nice to have the ability to add URLs into the keyword competition module manually as a way to compare pages to each other or just make a quick audit of pages.

good idea, will make that possible as well.

>Keyword density would also come quite handy to help us see what to aim for when writing an article. Also if there is a possibility to manually add sites we could compare our pages to the already ranking ones and adjust accordingly.

will add it also

> search volume

thats the problem really. I tried adding the keyword suggest api from google, but I doubt they will officially review the tool and allow me to use it, so i stopped adding it further (even though it worked).

I suggested this API for search volume, but I'm not sure how accurate it is? http://grepwords.com/

It looks to be very affordable though.

• >thats the problem really. I tried adding the keyword suggest api from google, but I doubt they will officially review the tool and allow me to use it, so i stopped adding it further (even though it worked).

Have you thought about applying for it with a different name? I think ASG wouldn't raise any suspicion :)

hold the mouse on the icon on the status bar to get the explanation.

it doesn't really work for me. It's a bit like SER explanation windows. They pop up when they are not needed and not pop up when needed... Now we all know so it doesn't matter anymore

different name: sorry, no, Im not going to cheat here. If they approve it then ok, if not I have to life with it. Everything else would be illegal anyway.
    ---
    • green = This important SEO value is not present on the website and means you can probably rank better in terms of On-Page-SEO.
    • yellow = This important SEO value is partly present on the website (with stop words inbetween or likewise combinations) and means you can probably rank better in terms of On-Page-SEO.
    • red = This SEO value is already present on the website.
  • Must have a reliable solution for search volumes.  Bookmarked for future learning :)
  • lukegage92lukegage92 Buffalo, USA
    planning to try this out soon. good luck to you and to all of us!
  • Make sense. Thanks for the explanation again!

I have thought two more things that could be useful with keyword research.

1. On the competition research window if you are adding keyword density a column for word count would also come handy possibly filtering out the comments on the page if that's possible somehow.

2. You may consider adding a rank tracker that uses the built in proxy scraper possibly with option to use proxies only form a certain geographical area.

3. If it's not a secret how is SEO-score calculated. Don't get too technical here.

4. It would be useful to see how a given keyword is displayed in the SERP. Does it have youtube results, knowledge card, shopping results, etc... I imagine a couple of colorful boxes with "X" next to the SEO score would be fine but you know it better.
    1. you think that blog/comment sites rank on page 1 ... well filtering out comments is tough but doable if you get me some samples.
    2. good idea yes
    3. each seen column makes up an equal percentage right now. green = 1, yellow =0.5, red = 0 -> that is if all is green, you have a seo score of 100%, all red = 0%
    4. can you give samples here as well? like urlxyz shows wiki, url123 shows question/answer...basically all you want to know or makes sense
  • 1. Unfortunately yes. A ton of food bloggers are ranking on first page with wordpress sites. I send you a pm
    3. thanks
    4. What I can think of now are these:
        -recipes
        -videos
       -wikipedia knowledge card
       - People also ask
       -Maps
       -featured snippets
       -shopping results
       -images
    Probably there are more

• @Sven I'm testing the demo on a server with Windows Server 2012 R2 and does not run, however on my pc with windows 7 without problems, do I need some frameword net or c+?

A great tool. :)

As with all gsa tools, you would need no additional libs, DLLs or anything.

I also haven't heard of problems before from this OS. 
    Thanked by 1Oscar
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    I just purchased. :)

I figure it's a good time to do so, as I know that with time, software goes up in price.

And, this seems like it can be very useful.

So, getting in on the ground floor, price-wise, is always a good idea.

And, if this is going to be like all the other programs Sven writes, it's going to keep growing in scope and features with time.

I didn't have much success with the demo version, don't know why.

Also have had Website Contact for  a while...this year is just flying by. Haven't put that one to good use yet. All other GSA software I use daily, though...

"As with all gsa tools, you would need no additional libs, DLLs or anything."

Yes, I remember you explained this a while back. It's not fun when I get a program elsewhere, and it's not able to work as-is, out of the box. Frustrating.
  • There could be a rank tracker built in 
  • I was hoping for at least a basic tutorial on how to use GSA keyword researcher so with the basics I can play around with it and then come up with some ideas of additional features to add into the tool

It's still under development. Making a tutorial is kind of useless as Im changing things all the time. However, in this thread we are exchanging ideas now.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Is this Windows only? Might have to get a VPS to check it out :p Does it have a free trial?
  • Are you sure that you need a VPS to run this?
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    I'm a Mac user, if its Windows only I will just get a VPS to test it out.
  • Mac user in the SEO world c'mon Shaun... you are using the tools of the light side of the force ;D
    @shaun, yes as all GSA products: windows only. A demoversion is on the product page: