Skip to content

no webserver could be started, hosts file could not be found

Hi Everyone just bought GSA captcha breaker, i guess this problem has already been dealt with but i have tried using the search box above but doesnt seem to find anything, i started captcha breaker and got this message "no webserver could be started, hosts file could not be found" i replaced the hosts file and tried again with the same message, i bought this program to use with other sw i run (senuke, Rankerx) so really need this to work any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• btw i am running windows 10
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    solving it by email now...
  • no the problem remains after disabling antivirus and firewalls
    but it also makes no sense discussing it here and on email...thats why I am not trying to over complicate things...you should do the same and only reply to email once we solved it.
    fixed it via email....for some odd reason the host file was not present at all. I wonder if thats the default situation on latest Windows 10 OS?
  • thank you so much for the help, Sven was fantastic.

• edited October 2021
    What was the fix? I have the same error...
    edited October 2021
    please check if the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts is actually present, if not, create it please.
  • I have it already

so check if some anti virus or firewall might block it.
  • Hi, @Sven
    How to check GSA Captcha Breaker work with GSA SER? I run both but don't see Captcha Breaker works.
    The TEST from SER should give a positive reply, else something is not working correctly.