Skip to content

Duplicate Project - Edit Clear button?

edited February 2013 in Need Help

I've always been curious as to what this popup means when you duplicate a project, as the url cache and history is suppose to be clear already AND there is no Edit>Clear button.

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    the button is located right next to the field where you put your URL in (--> Project Options --> Data Tab --> URL field --> Edit --> Clear). 
  • Thanks Ozz.....so to reiterate, the popup is merely stating to clear our list of keywords and import others.
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    no. the popup is to clear your URLs which are duplicated from the old to the new project. just click the dropdown button next to the url field and you see that the "old" urls have remained.

the message is relative easy to understand imo, when you click exactly that button which is described in the popup.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven  - It should rather say "Please note: Existing target URL's have also been copied from previous project. To use new target URLs go to project, and clear target URL's." That would be clearer. I have also not quite understood this popup. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I changed the note a bit in current version.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks...will be a bit clearer for new users now. 
  • @Ozz- typo......I meant to state "....to clear our list of urls". The popup is not in the least bit clear as it states to make the adjustment in the "Edit>Clear" setting which is not correct. The location stated in the popup should be the one you already outlined: (--> Project Options --> Data Tab --> URL field --> Edit --> Clear). 

@Global - Agreed!

@Sven- thanks for the change!