Skip to content

FEATURE REQUEST: Global Blacklist

2»

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Ah Ok. Is there maybe a macro for the campaign name? I'm trying to pass a variable so when people unsubscribe I can see which campaign to unsub them from.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You really should skip the whole thing then to not mess with them.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    OK. Will do. It's how I currently have it setup.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven

Could we use the #file macro to keep a blacklist on dropbox?

It means that it's much easier than the solution @coneh34d suggested. 

"For your Global Blacklist across a few VPS's first I'd create a folder on one of my webservers. Next I would place the global-blacklist.txt in that folder. Finally I'd go to Options > Filter and add the Blacklist URL there. Do this on all your servers. Update the blacklist text file periodically in hxxp://mywebserver/folder/global-blacklist.txt. Use FTP for automating this update task from your local global-blacklist.txt to the server copy."
  • Wow Loopline, that's some serious method there - I need to borrow it :) Can I chime in and ask a related but separate question - how can we make one project post TO the global blacklist/filtered list for a separate offer? I can't see how to do this without wrecking everything. @loopline do you run multiple licenses on the same server or a server per license? I used to do this with SER but for GSAWC it's a different ballgame. Still seeing a 20% sign up rate and 10% conversion, but (sorry) to say affiliates just sent junk so I've shut it down completely.
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    I don't post to the blacklist, but couldn't you just export it and import it into a new project?  I see an export button on the global blacklist screen. 

your only allowed to run 1 license of any GSA product (any product I have ever used) per server and so thats what I do.  I already have more then a dozen servers so it fits right in for me. 

Glad your signup and conversions are good, I wound up with as much work as I can handle, and all is going well for me. 

Cheers!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @JudderMan
    - that 20% signup rate what's it based on?
    E.g. if you send 1000 contact form submits, how many visit the site, how many signup?

I'm getting a really bad signup rate. 

Currently doing a win a website competition, but very very low take up.
  • @AlexR Ah sorry, I meant the people that actually visit my site it's 20% and 10%. I haven't worked out the GSACF data, something mental like every 10k I get 1 customer from it.

My site is a B2B service, so if you're running a competition and you're hitting website content forms, I can't see that really converting, I might be wrong. You're getting in front of website owners, marketers, admins who already have a website. I appreciate there may be some greed involved in wanting a new one, but most people I speak to (I run an SEO company), are so attached to their shit looking site and can't see that a fresh new modern one is going to be any different. That's a hard sell there dude, even if the competition is for a free one. 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Judderman - thanks. That does make sense. I'll retry my strategy with something else and see if it changes anything.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'd like to check my formatting for the global blacklist.
    1) Can you just list domains like this:
    412signs.com

2) or should it be
    !412signs.com

3) !*.gov*
    Will this exclude ALL urls with .gov in them?
    the list you add to the global blacklist should only have domains in it.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven

1) What is the correct format?
    412signs.com OR !412signs.com

2) I don't want to submit to any .gov domains or have it scrape any domain like *gumtree* *crasiglist* or *yelp* etc.
    Will this work? 
    !*.gov*

1) 412signscom is correct
    2) yes that works...but in files/urls you can only list domains.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'm talking about the global blacklist.
    Can it look like this:
    412signscom
    !*.gov*

But for files/urls only domains from what I understand.
    no !domain should be used....but you can use *domain*
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Sorry not quite understanding.
    So I can use:
    412signscom
    *.gov*

in my list to not submit to any .gov sites? (I need to leave out the !)
    yes
  • Ok, so how many domains use per one project?
    as many as you want
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Anyone have any good global blacklists??

Mine is lame so far. :|
    Thanked by 1guitarfish