Skip to content

SEO is DEAD

TheGypsyTheGypsy Madrid
edited October 2017 in Other / Mixed
Hi,
I haven't seen any "SEO is DEAD" thread for months now so I thought - as this is an SEO kind of forum - it's time to have one again. It's kind of obligatory like the privacy policy. :D

Anyway, I've been catching up with my summer break stuff and found an interesting conversation about how machine learning will affect analytics in the coming months by Avinash Kaushik. I've found it quite fascinating and left me wondering about the future of SEO too. You can check it out here. TL;DR ANALYTICS is DEAD

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited October 2017
    SEO IS DEAD.

(Again.)

lol

SEO keeps dying. What we did years ago is laughable now. So, so simple.

Every time everyone gets it, the game changes.  But that's just evolution.

AI can filter non-real-seeming signals. It's automation better sensing other automation. lol

So, SEO can't be aggressive or dumb. It has to be intelligent and meaningful. So that itself will filter out a lot of SEO companies, in reality.

I feel it's like you can no longer "fake it." You have to be about QUALITY now, A to Z.

But AI can also then slam you b/c your site "seems" weird, from a random combination of factors, whereas before it was a discrete penalty to look out for.

That might be unfair. Sites could be flagged for seeming like they have artificial SEO when they really do not.

I love this topic...lol It just never gets old.... :p

• SEO is still there. 
  • Some things are so simple that they are hard to believe...
  • This definitely has caught my attention :)

Still, I don't think SEO is dead, just that the ranking factors have changed, and you will need to spend more time in vetting to get quality links that matters - those contextual links from spam sites are no  longer working, just quality links matters now.

Churn and burn is a thing in the past - it no longer works with contextual links - actually it still does, if you are able to get a massive list of sites in a short period of time, just that to be able to have that now is quite impossible, as website owners are no longer opening their site for such functionalities anymore.
  • Analytics and AI will remove about 50% of your dofollow links within the next 12 months. dublicated content with simplified word changes are doomed. Only real content from reliable sources will be added to website trust. Guestbook spam, blog comments even blogs themselves will be minimum used for calculating SERP. Website and SoMe traffic to website will be 75% of your SERP value!

SEO IS DEAD
    "dublicated content with simplified word changes are doomed."

Hmm...What about more complex spintax? Is that any help do u think?

"Only real content from reliable sources will be added to website trust."

That's been the trend alrteady, no?

• Old-School SEO is completely dead after big G update their core in August. My site also loses rankings after that and it makes me think about SER again. :smiley:
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • thegsaguythegsaguy I sell GSA Lists
    Content has always been important with SEO. Now more than ever, extraordinary and noteworthy content that creates a conversation or adds massive value to existing conversations is an essential prerequisite to successful SEO.  ;)
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • seo is dead"

thats a weird one

its just u dont know how to do it anymore

SE keep changing the game field
    u just have to adapt to it every time

it was about quantity
    now its about quality

dont do things hardly > do it smartly
  • thegsaguythegsaguy I sell GSA Lists
    the balance from quantity to quality switched a while ago
  • This thread is exactly two years old yet we are still here.
    Let's celebrate!
    *Bump*
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    The real emphasis here should be, “What defines a quality link”, as an SEO, which there are many on this forum and many more who claim to be, even with no actual experience will all have their own opinions on this but the fact of the matter is, if a quality backlink is defined by its backlinks or any type of “metric/statistic” then SEO will never be dead, content should always be unique in every single campaign you run, that’s a given, note that I said “unique”.

Tiered link building will always push your rankings up, why is this strategy still used today? Well the answer goes back to “what defines a quality link”, hmm let me see how the tiered linking strategy works... this always gets all my high comp keywords within the first two pages of google, some will laugh and say “first two pages?) but they don’t realise I’m talking about big financial keywords, this is only my first phase in long term ranking once there, I up my game.

There are many ways of obtaining a solid, long lasting tier 1 link, which you can then build upon and strengthen and sadly SER isn’t good for this, neither are free Web 2.0 platforms.

SEO takes time, just like anything, if you want to get there fast, you need to pay for reputable, long lasting expensive backlinks, if you do this, then you wouldn’t need to tier your links or link build at all, but this is basically the same as pumping £1000s into PPC campaigns each month, which for many people isn’t viable hence the reason for the cheapest alternative.. organic traffic (SEO).

People make me laugh, they set up SER campaigns and expect ranking results for insurance or finance keywords within a month or two, I’ve worked in the financial/insurance niche for over 7 years now, purely organic rankings (SEO) and I can tell you, if you’re not wanting to spend £100s - £1000s in paid links, you’re going to have to work hard on creating your own “reputable long lasting powerful backlinks” yourself. 
    Thanked by 2710fla TheGypsy
  • Nicely said @Tim89 but it's all lies beacuse SEO is dead.
  • owning a blog network where you don't sell links, still works for own sites. Extremely hard, costly to maintain.

• SEO is a phoenix. it always rise from the ashes  :)
  • Actually, in principles SEO hasn't changed much. Google still needs links to rank sites
  • lukegage92lukegage92 Buffalo, USA
    Imagine waking up to see this thread. SEO will never die. everything changes so nobody can complain about it.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    The only thing that seems to change is that Google seems to be better at detecting bad content.
    edited October 2020
    "The only thing that seems to change is that Google seems to be better at detecting bad content. " -Kaine
    And...we can't say that's a bad thing. Google's  making the Internet a more worthwhile place.

After all, how else would this have happened? It's getting rid of clutter and encouraging us to make more creative, fun, funny, intelligent, and interesting content.

So...we should be celebrating! :p
    BTW, haven't seen anyone on here in a bit.  Good to be back on!

• I'm not sure about it @Deeeeeeee. I'm getting to the point where I need to save everything that I once see because the next time I'm looking for it google gives me a completely different content. Not to mention finding content that is useful but undiscoverable due to low search interest/backlinks.
  • SEO can never be dies because all the search queries depends upon SEO.
  • It will never die. Internet is becoming more and more competitive and search engines have to adopt themselves towards their betterment while providing quality and accurate information. They are doing their best for the betterment of the crowd. So we also adjust ourselves to make everyone happy.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    It will never die. Internet is becoming more and more competitive and search engines have to adopt themselves towards their betterment while providing quality and accurate information. They are doing their best for the betterment of the crowd. So we also adjust ourselves to make everyone happy.
    This is why we must not do like everyone else ;^)
  • As long as there is marketing, SEO will be there. It can be never ended. Whenever someone opens a new business, they can be promoted through SEO and this will always happen.
  • We're here because I've found you via search results. 
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    You know what, as someone already mentioned, content is getting more of an issue for some people but in all fairness, if you're content isn't top-notch on your money sites to begin with, then you're not going to last long.

It really isn't difficult to create a really good/useful money site if you take the time to do it, there's no rush and it'll pay you back in the long run and also make your link building efforts a load easier, on-page and off-page work hand in hand.

The only thing that I've changed over the years is the quality of content I'm using with my automated SEO tools, hey I know what you're thinking, What's the point? SER backlinks or any other automated SEO tools backlinks are trash... Well perhaps, but you better know I'll be posting the crème de la crème of articles on those trash sites none the less.

With a little time and effort when setting up campaigns using automated tools, you can achieve results that last so you won't be scratching your head in a years time trying to rank more sites as your previous sites have tanked.