Skip to content

Failed to ping

edited February 2013 in Need Help

11:03:05: [-] Failed to ping http://rpc..... (Can't accept the ping because the weblog name must not be empty.) with http://mylink

what is wrong?

thx

Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well give me the full url of the ping site and I see what it might be.
  • hey @sven i have to check the box Send verified link to indexer services for my links to get pinged?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013
    @rodol - No, the box that is checked by default is above the ping list in options>indexing, and its called "Submit backlink URLs to blog search engines". That is Ping.
  • oh ok, thanks
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I think that it only pings sites if "Send Links to Verified Indexer Service" is ticked. @sven - can you confirm? 

So I have set 
    "Send Links to Verified Indexer Service" - Then Selected GSA SEO Indexer, and DISABLED "Other"

@sven - can you confirm you need this ticked for it to use the ping list in General Options? 

>I think that it only pings sites if "Send Links to Verified Indexer Service" is ticked.

Yes

>"Send Links to Verified Indexer Service" - Then Selected GSA SEO Indexer, and DISABLED "Other"

This would not send to PING sites

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks! Glad I checked. 

Is the "Other" the tickbox for the ping sites? 

So if I am doing blog comments, I don't want it to go to SEO indexer, but only want it to ping them, then I disable SEO Indexer and ENABLE "Other"?
    yes thats the way to do it.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks! :-)
  • Oh so @ron was wrong finally :P , thanks @sven
  • ronron SERLists.com

Say again? I think there is a communication issue here.

The box immediately above the ping list that reads "Submit backlink URL's to blog search engines" - What is this?

And why is it immediately above the ping services if it has nothing to do with pinging?

• maybe some screenshots would help .)
  • Sven still i haven't understand how to enable ping?

i have selected options->indexing-> "submit backlink URLs to blog search engine"
    and in project option selected "send verified link to indexer service" and ticked only "other indexer" check box.
  • anyone know?
  • ping is only used for verified trackbacks and blog comments.