Skip to content

Feature Request: Better Niche Handling

Hey There,

It would be awesome if we could supply multiple niches in a project. For example, I have a giant directory of text files that have lots of niche specific keywords. It would be awesome if I could supply the text file, then specify the output where I want the matches to go. Ideally, it would be great to specify multiple sets of keywords as well. This would have a lot of benefits versus the current system of creating a project for each niche:
  • It would be easier than creating a new project each time.
  • It would allow the programmatic update of niche relevant keyword. (For example, updating the source text with a different piece of software would allow PI to immediately start checking sites with the new keywords).
  • And most importantly, websites would only need to be crawled once then compared to the list, rather than repeated crawling for each project.
I think this idea would save a ton on server resources. I created a little mock up of how I picture it:

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the suggestion and for providing the mockup. I'll look into this to see what it would take to get it added. If its not too much code rewriting/changes we should be able to get it added. 
  • kxpkxp United States
    You're welcome. I had just scraped about 300,000 auto approve URLs and was setting up projects to classify them into probably like 30 or 40 niches and was like:

• kxpkxp United States
    That was meant as a joke btw. I love your guys' products. They're fantastic. There's just always room for improvement :-)