Skip to content

What to do about Web 2.0?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Ser is not building web2.0 links for me apart from the odd link from the same site. I think I may de select it but it's a shame - I would love to build links from web 2.0!!! Is there a plan to fix this problem? (I know there's a 3rd party paid service coming out soon from Jamese btw)
Tagged:

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    Create a separate project, select all web 2.0's, use only a paid decaptcha service to solve captcha (or use CB with a paid service behind it), and try that. You'll get some results. Recaptcha is part of the problem, and changing login pages is the other part of the problem.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

Dup post sorry.

• Thank you @ron for your advice. I have been using dbc as my secondary captcha service but I had CS set to 2 retries ( now using CB). I will try what you say. How many have you had working this way @ron?
  • ronron SERLists.com

I had a bunch of platforms in the beginning but I weaned myself off paid captcha for the last several months using only CSX and now only CB.

But I am getting ready to fire up a bunch of separate projects to test each platform including social bookmarks to get a better idea where everything is at these days.

It's the kind of thing you only want to do on tier1 though because of the cost.

• I will try it and see. Ideal world = no ongoing costs but as more platforms use recaptcha we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am thinking is it worth it for web2.0? Can I get the results without? Probably yes! Free is always best :)
  • So... does that mean CB doesnt know how to read ReCaptcha?
  • edited February 2013
    No. No surprise though as I can't even read most of them!!

• Out of 9 recaptchas only 1 was correctly solved by DBC! Shocking!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    That's pretty bad. Just too small of a sample size. Need something like a 1000 or more to judge accurately.
  • Even as a T1 for these and using a place like Imagetyperz  I went through 20 bucks in less than a day. :/
  • I dont like spending continous money for captcha solving stuff..
  • I dont like spending continous money for captcha solving stuff..
  • It seems that DeathByCaptcha (my 2nd service to CB) pretty much enter anything into the recaptchas as long as it loosely resembles the words shown. CB normally returns a solved message but sometimes SER returns a a wrong captcha (fail). Which is correct?

Also, am I correct in my research that only 1 word need be typed correctly of the 2 displayed in the recaptcha?And does this 1 word have to be an exact match letter for letter? 

I want to get it from the experts of GSA SER so I can decide my next plan of attack. Thanks
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @seagul, the hard to read text on recaptcha has be be filled correctly as that one is known to G. The other one is a scanned word that you translate for G. to become even bigger :/
  • ronron SERLists.com

I have been experiementing and I recommend separating out test projects by platform (with just a few engines in that platform at one time), and put some tough limits on the number of submissions, like 5 or 10.

You don't want to wreck the bank - you will get excellent rankings without resorting to paid captcha, so ease into it and test. You have time, just don't rush to judgement. 

• Get another tool for web 2.0s. Don't understand the logic of wanting one tool to it all. I use multiple tools like Senuke, SEOLR, ZP, etc. to create tier 1s and after that its GSA all the way.

Better still hire a VA... best investment for link building and highly recommended over any tool.