Skip to content

List Of Added Link Lists

We have a lot of link lists and when doing submissions we add random lists but it can often happen that we end up adding the same list. It would be a nice feature to see some how the name and location of the added lists so that they are not added again or give a warning when a certain file from x location with the same file size as an example has been used previously on a project.

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Not 100% sure what you need but you can have SER pulling from the four folders at anygive time with lists in them as well as have projects pulling from .txt files or clipboard loads to maxamise it.
  • TryAMillionTryAMillion United Kingdom
    edited November 2016
    @shaun what I meant is not about lists being in folders or using any of the same ones in other projects. Let us say you have 10 link lists and 30 projects running. You have imported various lists. Ok, now you look and there is no links to post to as GSA has gone through them. So now you need to add another list. But there is no way to know what you added already. If you add the same list, your time is wasted. It just goes through and says already passed I think or something like that.

With a feature telling you what link list you added to what project, there is no issues or if it says already added, then can select another list. A warning may make the process easier. Yes, can add all your lists, but in live usage, you have all those link lists loaded. There is only so much resources on a system and can't put all lists in all projects. As you add a list to a project, remember more of the hard drive space gets used up, so not feasible to add 2GB of data for each project to run through and wait for that all to load. Hope this makes sense. If you use GSA anywhere near capacity or in a correct SEO way rather than just spam everything think it makes more sense people only doing few blasts might not notice.
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Keep a spreadsheet for your projects (In Lieu of Sven adding a feature like this.)

I sure do.
    @1linklist that would be the obvious. I have lists for everything and didn't want another list with keeping track of what link list you added to a project, especially when project will only run for a very short period of time. A spreadsheet would be the general use but even windows if you go to save a file and you saved it previously tells you whether you want to overwrite it. Just makes more sense to have it done in software rather than creating a spreadsheet of file names so you don't overwrite it - pun intended with considering how windows deals with existing use of file names. Know that doesn't apply with my question but Microsoft could have said the same thing. Not hard to do either programming wise, especially if it simply just gives you a warning that that link list was added to a project previously.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Is it not easier to just merge all the lists into one and then either filter it how you want your master list or just let SER pull directly from the merged list?
    edited November 2016
    Good point @shaun . When I import lists there is a delay as it goes through adding the list. With a bigger list would equal more delays and nature of projects is keeping separate lists - essential for some of our projects - more for entropy. When you add a list to a project, check your hard drive - space is consumed, so this ends up limiting again. If you have lots of projects and then try adding them not only are you wasting more time waiting for lists to load, you also hit hard drive limits.

I appreciate can go through adding global site list, but that's not what I am looking for.

All in all, just putting a suggestion for a feature that @Sven could add that makes the software more comprehensive for SEO use.