Skip to content

The End of RebelMouse Free

steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
This was the only reason i kept ser engines..was to build these

Hi there,

For years, RebelMouse has been your social front page, where you can pull together your social feeds into one, beautiful page for all to see. In the past few years, however, RebelMouse has been undergoing a reinvention.

Our software has matured immensely, and we can now say that we have created the first Distributed Content Management System (DCMS) for brands and publishers to get hyper-relevant content out to their audiences wherever they live in this social-first world.

Our new offerings of Rebel Runner, Rebel Roar, and Rebel Discovery build upon the early days of RebelMouse and offer so much more, with a full, enterprise-class content management layer on top of our already powerful social aggregation features.

As we focus on this exciting new time for RebelMouse, we've made the decision that we can no longer support our free offering. Effective immediately, we will not be accepting new sign-ups, and on 9/1/16, we will be shutting down our free product completely.  

We understand that this is disappointing to you, the customers that have been with us from the beginning. RebelMouse appreciates what you've done to make us the company that we are today. To honor that, we would like to extend an offer for 60% off the licensing cost of our Rebel Runner or Rebel Discovery products for your first year of service.

If you would like to take us up on this offer or if you have original content that you would like to export, email us at free@rebelmouse.com with your name, organization, and the URL of your free RebelMouse site, and a Rebel will walk you through the next steps on how to redeem.

Cheers, 

RebelMouse

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Man, I can only see this getting worse.

This, along with the paid to index thing for Weebly (might be another platform, haven't tested it) and the Tumblr internal redirect thing (seems to have failed but just a first step I presume) seems like web 2.0s taking a stand.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    Shaun i though the same thing

Lot of the free ones are adding the noindex thingy so pretty much useless......
  • edited July 2016
    PBNs are the only way IMO. New cheap domains will have to replace web 2.0s, expired aged domains, auction domains etc etc.

• SEO will get eventually so expensive that it will be more rewardable to master paid traffic, but personally am settled in anyway. 
  • @Anonymous would love to hear any tricks? I'm currently doing a little PPC on my client's site and only really dabbled a little bit but 0.8% CTR and terrible CR makes me think I've got plenty to learn.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited July 2016
    Invest in PBNs, it really does not take a lot of time to build up a PBN of 200-500 domains albeit from expired/auctioned whatever.. We're going to need a sustainable long term tier 1 link, to be honest, I'd prefer these Web 2.0s being noindex and or no follow/pay per account plans instead of the way it is now, eventually it'll weed out the SEO hobbyists' in our niches, which are to be honest a waste of a ranking space and just get in the way. :)
  • Just adapt and change. :)  Motto of SEO.   There is always a different way.
  • @Hunar exactly!! - this is what I tell potential clients that try and go with a big agency instead of me - they take months/years to change anything and by that time, their new strategy is out of date/doesn't work.

• edited July 2016
    @JudderMan There are no tricks really; you simply need to master one traffic source and be real good at it. So,
    Step 1. Pick a traffic source (Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook/Mobile etc. )
    Step 2. Get a tracker to track your results and optimize your campaigns for profitability (Voluum is great)
    Step 3. VPS or Dedicated Server to host your landing pages
    Step 4. Minimum $2000 budget, remember traffic here is instant and fast, but you need to make it profitable, that's where optimizing your landing pages/angels comes.
    Step 5. Once you get profitable, you want to scale it and you will most likely with the short amount of time return all past loses from your campaigns.

Like any business, you need to have money here, and there is the real potential that you can become a millionaire within 1-3 years, After all, many people switched from SEO to Paid Traffic when panda and penguin arrived.

For SEO, just scrape or buy domains from auctions/brokers, scale it to 100-200 PBNs, and I can assure you that you will hit five figures (10k$) if not you are doing something wrong or your domains are real shit that has no power at all. Period

• Thanks @Anonymous - I'll go/continue with the SEO route as that's what I know and love and am good at. At least PBNs are online real estate, rather than smash and grab PPC traffic that is a constant plate spinning strategy, and is something I just don't like.

Only got 40 PBN domains at the moment, building my online real estate slowly/as and when funds allow.