Skip to content

Set Browser Proxy not working for me ATM

edited November 2015 in GSA Proxy Scraper
I'm on latest v1.4 ATM and when I use the right-click -> set as browser -> ip:port:user:pass option the browser fails to work properly.

I tried updated Firefox and IE v11

The "use proxy" option gets set in the browser but there's no proxy entries in the browser settings.  When I try to connect to a site I get 504 error and somehting about a subproxy not working.

When I set the browser manually to the same proxy it works OK.

For me this is not an urgently required fix or what have you but just so you are aware.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Just debugged it and indeed there was a bug. It will be fixe din next update.
  • Ah that's interesting because I just worked out that I had a Firefox issue where it sets the proxy settings to something that's been used previously which as far as I can work out has been an issue for a year or something since I had this same issue previously.  It's a really frustrating issue and nothing to do with GSA PS that I know of.

So I was coming back to report that it likely wasn't GSA PS doing it but perhaps I'm mistaken.
  • HI I have the same problem with chrome?
    now if I am right when I press the button to open chrome with porxie from with in PS then I do a search for "my ip" it should come up with a different ip to mine, is that right?
    if so then it is not working

regards derek
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    depends on what site shows your ip...there can be javascript that could aslso leak your ip