Skip to content

SER not saving some platforms verified links to global verified folder

I'm having a strange issue. SER is not saving some of my freshly processed scraped lists of verified targets to the global site list. I can see some platforms saving as they are verified in my SER log and then looking at the global stats for my verified folder, but some are not. Drupal in particular is not saving to my verified folder. Any reason it would be doing this? For example, I am taking a list of freshly scraped targets and running them through SER. I see SER successfully posting and then verifying, but when I check the lists global stats, the numbers are not increasing for some platforms. Hope this makes sense.

Comments

• Hey, yes Im seeing the same thing on my install.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited March 2014
    I've just checked my verified in projects versus verified in global list...
    SER is missing thousands in the global verified list :O
    @sven please look into this for us.
  • I seeing it too, I have 4k drupal from bought list, but in veriefied i see only 280 drupals saved, I am runing this list for some weeks now..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im debugging that now but can't seem to see any issue till now.
    @sven i will send you some data soon. Thanks
  • I also found a few urls in my project's Verified List that is not saved in the Global Verified List.

Before I checked the list, I quit SER and reload, to make sure it has saved all the files.

It only happens on projects that submits to Article sites.

No such problems with Social Bookmark, Social Network, and Wiki submissions...
    @sven - Sent PM

@olve1954 - Actually my tests show it happens with social networks and wiki's too. Not all engines though.
  • @gooner, you may be right, my tests aren't very extensive. Hope Sven finds the problem soon. And how can I get those verified sites back to the global list, as I need to used them on other projects...
    @olve1954 - I would really like it fixed too, in the new version 7.91 Sven made some changes so i am testing that right now. In 7.90 my testing showed these engines were affected:

BuddyPress
    DokuWiki
    Drupal - Blog
    Elgg
    MediaWiki
    Moodle
    PeoplePods
    PHPFox
    SocialEngine
    TikiWiki
    vldPersonals

All were missing some verified url's in global list. But don't worry Sven will fix it one way or another :)
  • @gooner - I haven't had a chance to see if 7.91 fixed this cause my server is acting up. Is the issue resolved?
    @jampackedspam - Nope, not as far as my tests went anyway... I sent the details to Sven
  • edited March 2014
    well im not updating until this get fixed, btw i have 7.79 version, if anyone want it let me know.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @rodol I just tried 7.79 and that version is not saving all the verified sites to the global lists either. This bug has been around for a while now.
  • omfg, thanks for letting me know.
  • edited March 2014
    Looks like a conspiracy to appease the Xrumer guys cause they mad that we're spamming all of their targets. Maybe @sven was given an ultimatum to make all copies of SER only save 20% of verified targets or be slaughtered by botmaster. lol.

To verify if the issue exists or not on older versions, make sure you reload SER since SER only saves data globally in 5 minute intervals for certain platforms. @trevor_bandura
  • I read that gsa is saving in bunches - but here's a different story - waiting for a fix then as it's the worst that can happen - not to ger verified urls report.
    Well what I did was let ser run for about an hour and took note of my global verified numbers. I then added the verified's it made in that hour added it to my global number, stopped ser and restarted it then checked the global numbers again.
  • Man, that gives me a bad gut feeling for all of the scraping and processing of lists that I have done over the past week. Especially since I've since deleted most of those projects from my SER interface or else I could have exported the project verifieds and imported them to the global verified list.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Justin it affects everybody, all ser scrapes, all list providers, everybody basically.

I know @sven will fix this - he always does so long as you give him the evidence, which he has in his possession.

In a related note, I am maybe even more worried about the MediaWiki and ExpressEngine lack of performance which also hurts the cause - because they are such big providers of targets.
    I'm sure Sven will look in to this and find the problem. From a programmers point of view, it's always the most simple things that cause the errors.
  • @ron - I have no doubts at all, and I'm definitely not condemning SER or @sven for this. Stuff happens. It's almost a relief though since I was getting weary why my global list wasn't growing as fast as it usually does. I don't know about mediawiki because I don't use them but I definitely agree about xpress engine. Have you seen the -1 message in your log for perfectly good, manually postable xpress engine targets?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Post a screenshot if you see it - not sure I remember that. I just see the results and I want to puke.
  • Looks like everything is working as it should now with the latest 7.94 update. Thanks @sven! It's a good feeling watching your global verifieds climb.
  • Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I'm having this exact problem. Only a few engines are being saved to global verified list (URL shorteners and blog comments), all else is not being saved. Don't know how long this has been going on. I'm using the latest version at the moment - 10.30. 
    the links are not already in the lists? Meaning the sources are not from it?
    I've noticed this also. Not sure what engines are doing this, but all the contextual ones seem to be doing this for sure.
  • If you import directly into verified are the results represented in the show list functions? Or is it just when ser has verified and is supposed to move link to list?
  • @Sven I made a test project that was using the Identified global list for link source. SER is verifying links from that project (I even checked a couple of article links in a browser that they were there), as well as from my regular non-test projects but it's not saving them in the Global verified list. Importing targets directly into a project doesn't make a difference either.
    just reviewed the source and was not able to see any issue here. can you send me the test project?
    @Sven I think you mentioned before that SER checks to see if the link is in the verified list before it adds it, to cut down on duplicates. Maybe this check should not happen and just write all verified links to the global verified folder?