Skip to content

[Feature Request] Percentage Completed

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
So I have 50 projects on a VPS. I use the scheduler and it goes through a new 10 every 30 mins. so every 2.5hours all projects get a whizz.

I have each project set to do 200 submissions and then pause for a day. There are a few PR and OBL filters.

I would love an extra column that says "% Completed". This way I can scan my 50 projects and see, "Hey, this project is only at 1% completed, or this one is at 90% completed" so I can then be like "hey, this one is always ever only getting to 5% completed...maybe the filters are too strong, or platforms are wrong, or I'd better check it out" or "This one always get's to 95% completed...well that's good!"

It would measure it as:
1) If you have set a submitted amount and then pause over xx period, it could measure, how many of the total it has achieved.
2) If you have verified, it could do this too, since it's somehow tracking how many verified you have, because you can specify it to do xx per day, etc. So again, it has to have this number as it checks whether or not you've reached your verified/submitted limit.

It must have this counter in the program already, since it's stopping at the number of submitted/verified you specify. 

So the number is there, I'd love to see a column with this number / total set. 

Tagged:

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    This would be good only if the scheduler is turned on. I don't use the scheduler and manually start/stop my campaigns, so this column would add confusion to people like me.
  • +1 for this
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Brandon - even using a manual start stop it would surely add value. How do you know when to manually start or stop 50 projects??? You have to check each one to see progress which is a hassle!
  • I would like this too, but rather than as a percentage, i would like the actual number of submitted links done that day in it's own column, and the same with verified. 

This makes those who use the 'pause the project after x submissions/verifications' happy, as they'll be able to see exactly how many they have left to submit/verify until the project pauses, and it also makes those who don't use that feature, like me ;) happy, as i'll be able to see how many submissions and verifications each project has done each day. 

At the moment, i have to manually go into each projects show urls - submitted, to see it's diagram, to see how many have been submitted for that day, which is a pain.

I think this is important, as at the moment, i'm running many projects, and i'm only able to see the total number of submitted and verified on the bottom of the status bar. This isn't detailed enough, as i'm unable to see which projects are performing poorly. The majority of running projects may be firing away, but i may have 1 which is hardly doing anything at all, but i wouldn't know unless i manually check each project........
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @doubleup - totally agree!

Would also be nice if there was a column with "Left Target URL's" that basically shows the data per project so you don't have to go into each project to check it out...The data is there, would be nice to see it more easily!
  • edited January 2013
    + 1 for "Left Target URL's" column. It's very useful for fellows who feed SER with external scraped lists. And I guess it's easy to implement.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - would any of these be possible? I think the data is there, it would be nice to have it on an overview level.

So somehow a column (would be preferred) or data that shows for all projects:
    1) Target URL's Left
    2) Submitted/Verified of Target%  (How many of the limit set has it achieved. I.e. whatever counter that checks how many verified or submitted and compares it to max verified or submitted filter)

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The data is seen in the log already (XYZ/ZXY submitted/verified. All I could do is adding it as hint message.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited January 2013

1) What about Target URL's left? If you regularly import target URL's into projects, this way you can see which projects are running out and need to be topped up. 

If there are 40 projects on the VPS, this gives you quick overview which ones will need some more targets soon. Otherwise, you need to manually check each project. Some users with many projects and vps's can't do this as it will take too long. That's why I am suggesting to make this "Target URL Stat" visible at an overview level.

2) Reason for this, is we can see if any projects are not doing anything. Currently there is no way to see if no links are getting built to project, unless you manually write down the numbers from yesterday or previous data point. If you could see, "hey this project ever only gets 2% of Target, then it needs focus...or this one again is achieving 95% of target, this is good." 

The total at the bottom in the footer, really doesn't inform you if any projects need attention. 

As per doubleup "I think this is important, as at the moment, i'm running many projects, and i'm only able to see the total number of submitted and verified on the bottom of the status bar. This isn't detailed enough, as i'm unable to see which projects are performing poorly. The majority of running projects may be firing away, but i may have 1 which is hardly doing anything at all, but i wouldn't know unless i manually check each project........"

1) target urls left is unknown as imported urls are read in batches (like 1mb of data to save memory)

2) wrong, you see that in log. I have added all kinds of "Attention!..." messages.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    1) What is the "Show Left Target URL's" - when you right click on a project? This is what I was referring to. 
    2) I don't think I'm explaining it well..or the feature is there and I haven't seen it yet....

If you have have 40 or 50 projects (Each project has different filters and difficulty) on 1 VPS and some users have 5 or more VPS's. 

At the bottom there is a total stat for verified or submitted, since last run. 

It would be very very nice to have a column that shows this per project, rather than total. The reason is:
    1) How do I know which projects have not got many new links, and need to be looked at? The only way at the moment that I see is to write down the columns totals for each project and compare them the next day to see which project hasn't added any verified or submitted. 
    2) Using only totals at bottom it could be that it is only the tier 3's that are getting links, while all the important projects are not doing anything. 
    3) If there was a column with the project totals (instead of only having global total), you could log into each VPS, scan the columns and see which is always remaining on a low number and then investigate. 

Anyways...maybe there is an easier way to quickly investigate if any projects are not generating links or working. 
  • 1) that are the urls SER has cached and try to post to. they are either from an imported list or results of SEs queries
  • i think i know a solution for this, @sven in the project box we see a submitted and verified TOTAL per project, If you can add 2 new columns of submitted and verified but Per DAY, we can use this data to know what projects need more attention
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    1) This should always have a number of target URL's right? Just if we could view this across all projects at a higher level we could quickly see which projects don't have any target's left and then investigate. Maybe all results are parsed. Maybe it needs more keywords. Maybe it needs a fresh imported list. 

@rodol - exactly! except, not per day, but last 24 hours. 
  • I'm not too bothered about the target URL's bit lol, but it would be very useful to have the submitted and verified columns added, so that it shows the number for each project for the last 24 hours. 

@GlobalGoogler I also do the same thing, except i normally create a screen capture, and then compare it the next day to see the difference in numbers, Not exactly the greatest solution, so would make things much easier if this could be shown on the main screen.

I know Sven said it was mentioned in the log, but i never save the logs, and when you have a high number of projects running, and at a high LPM count, it's almost impossible to see the attention messages........
  • I think that this is a great idea.

If you could show a percentage or ratio of submitted vs verified, you would be able to tell the status of a project very easily.  You could even have the child project start automatically when a parent reaches a certain ratio or percentage verified.

This would allow for better "hands off" setting up of projects that run on their own.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Hey! Thanks @Sven, I see the pending and completed numbers in Indexer now.  That's very helpful! Is there a full changelog for this update?
    • Sites updated
    • Update notification in taskbar
    • URL count in Queue Window
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Is this referring to indexer or SER as originally requested? 
    This thread is about GSA SEO Indexer :)