Skip to content

Where to put the links for article submissions?

Hello, sorry this is a bit of a noob question. I searched around but couldn't find anything on the subject.

I want to add my contextual links into my article submissions. I know I can put html links into my spintax however is there a way to do it automatically through GSA SER? For example if I add my full article (without any links inserted) will GSA add the links for me and attach them onto one of the keywords at random, using the keywords I have selected? Or will it add it at the end of the article?

Also if I do have to add the links manually as html; should I add a link into the main article body as well as the resource box?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2013
    If you don't add any links in your article, SER puts them at the end. Use this to manually insert them: <a href=%url%>%anchor_text%</a>

Yes, add to both.
  • if you anchor text is somewhere in the article it will use those automatically.
  • Thanks so much guys, that is some helpful info and a fast reply :). Presumably it is better to have the link in the content rather than at the end?

I would like to have the links in a random paragraph so it looks more natural. If I put the link html in each paragraph will it automatically choose one of the links and strip the links from the other paragraphs? Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks again for helping me :D
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @cball0 - just make sure your anchor appears in a paragraph and SER will pick a random instance and hyperlink on that. "I would like to have the links in a random paragraph so it looks more natural."
  • @alexr thanks for the response. So just to clarify, if I had "<a href=%url%>%anchor_text%</a>" written lets say 10 times in an article, in different paragraphs, then SER would pick only 1 instance of the link at random to use in the article? Would the other links which it didn't choose just insert the anchor text, with no hyperlink? Otherwise there would be a gap missing in the text where the link's anchor text should be, consequently making it not read correctly. 

Also I noticed this text in the test window:  -> Please note that HTMLCode gets converted to BBCode ([URL][/URL] or [LINK], [B], ...) or will be removed whenever required by an engine.
    Would this also mean that if an article site supported having 10 links per article then it would post them all? So this method would not be viable for web 2.0 as it would post all hyperlinks?

Sorry to ask so many questions but the 'test' box shows all the links on preview and not a random one. I assume it only culls the excess links on submission?

Hope you can clarify my confusion. Thanks.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    1) So just to clarify, if I had "<a href=%url%>%anchor_text%</a>" written lets say 10 times in an article, in different paragraphs, then SER would pick only 1 instance of the link at random to use in the article?  --> NO. Just use the normal anchor text "blue widget" and it will find a random instance and hyperlink it. 

2) No, it doesn't count links per engine. It just strips out the necessary code. 

3) Yes, it would because those macros you are using say "place a link here!" whenever used. 
  • Ok wonderful I get it now. Thanks a bunch :)
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited May 2013
    or oyu can have <a href=%verified_url%>%verified_anchor_text%</a> for T2 etc.
  • Hello. I use in project->project data->article manager->"how to link"->"No link"
    But SER insert link! for exmple around this text:
    "Should you loved this informative article and you would like to receive more information concerning %link% i implore you to pay a visit to the page"

How I can fix it? I not need this link in my articles.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Here is where you change how links are inserted in to your articles.

• Yea, I change "how to link"->"No link", but it still insert link in article
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Because there is no link added by yourself and SER needs to have a link in it to verify something. However you can disable this in scheduled posting option to not put a link for XYZ % of links.