Skip to content

How to fix incorrect page ranks.

Hi.
Few days ago I came upon to very unpleasant situation with Page Rank checks. Looks like many of Page Ranks provided by GSA Search Ranker is are absolutely incorrect. For instance, http://www.yo.io/ , http://gallerywallpaper.org/ PR7 in fact PR0 and many others.

So how would I suppose to get real PR with GSA? And how should I provide full data report to my customers when most provided PR will be incorrect?

Please, tell me what to do. How can I fix it?
Thanks a lot

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

All I can say to this PR is that the values are taken directly from google or when you import such URLs as target in the format

http://site.com|PR

• I don't get it. You want to say that www.yo.io has PR 7 in Google? Do you think it is possible? Any any other PR tools shows PR 0 and this is looks like real.
    The only thing comes to my mine is replacing PR providing by GSA with correct results from other tools in the report CSV file.
    I see this is GSA bug
  • PR isnt accurate anymore, hasnt been for at least 1 year...
  • I know, but it isn't clarify how site ranked PR0 is marked as PR7 in GSA. This is discredits GSA report files - clients may think if this report has wrong RP than all other data may be wrong also. Am I not right?
    I just checked it and for me it is PR0 not PR7. So GSA SER (GSA is just the company) is at least getting correct data from G. I don't know from where you got that PR from. Maybe some wrong imported sites with PR attached as written above.
  • This is not a single instance by the way. Maybe your right concering wrong imported data
    I'll try out to recheck my URLs - hope this will help
  • Didn't help. Again, ....hotelsgouridis.com... is shown having PR7 in fact 0. I used PR domain update is builded in statistic verified information list.
    Maybe there is some other way? This issue is really bothering me
  • seoperformanceseoperformance Ukraine
    edited July 2015
    One more - I've tried update PR for current Url - for domain, page and subdomain - PR isn't changing. Why is it?
    Function PR update in verified data table doesn't work at all! I've just restarted software - haven't helped!
    Help!
  • Function PR update in verified data table doesn't work at all! I've just restarted software - haven't helped!
    Help!
  • edited July 2015
    try to post just once, edit it if you have any extra details to add :)
    edited July 2015
    Ok, I'll do. My first posting here
    :(|)
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited July 2015
    @seoperformance

Well why are you still using PR in anyway ?? Google stopped updating it years ago !!!!

I suggest you take a look at this post of mine - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/17994/why-is-pr-filters-still-a-option

edited July 2015
    I know it! We aren't discussing usefulness of PR in this topic. I'll try to understand why PR data in GSA Search Engine is incorrect and why I can it update with PR update function.
    If this is not working any more that may be developers should remove it from software?
    By the why, PR is the only one real fast value information about past ranking of website. Yeah, PR isn't updated anymore, but currently no other similar indicator at all. That is why it is still using in analysis.
    You may saying it means nothing now,
    also SERP position means nothing to the real website quality, but top positioning is working. And same I can say about PR - it's working.
    But let's not beat around the bush.
    The question is about incorrect page rank data in GSA Search Engine
  • empteeemptee http://prjacker.com
    TF's alot more useful than PR nowadays IMO (check out my product if you want to see how you can use Moz/Majestic data and replace Google PR in SER).

SER caches PR data, so the "update" button in verified/submitted links won't check it again if SER has already fetched what it thinks is a valid PR value for the url/subdomain/domain - this is probably what you're seeing..

As for incorrect data.. no idea sorry.. I haven't seen this myself at all.. are you checking URL vs subdomain vs domain PR? Perhaps you're seeing correct data, just not the data you expect to...?

Cheers,
    Michael
    This "Update PR" was indeed using the cache. This however will get fixed in next update.
    edited July 2015
    I know about  Moz/Majestic service - this is piad tools and absolutely useless concerning to ordinary Internet users. Are you going to expect peoples that aren't familiar with SEO will digging into all that staff for understanding which sites are good and which not? I hope you're not so naive. How do you explain, in such case, about good quality and low quality  backlinks offered to your customers? Or you are gathering full data from Moz/Majestic service and send it to users?
    "This "Update PR" was indeed using the cache. This however will get fixed in next update."
    May I ask you when next update is expected to be and is there some other way for PR update issue?

update will be ready in some minutes.
    edited July 2015
    Are you talking about software update, i mean new version?
    software updates of course. I am not affiliated with Google of course and can not know when a PR update is released.
  • Sure, I've just been surprised to such fast updating. Guess now it is ready, will download, try, and post response
  • I downloaded last version and PR Update doesn't work.
    8-X
    what doesn't work? The PR is no longer retrieved or it is still giving you "wrong" PR?
    edited July 2015
    Nothing works. I don't know maybe i'm an idiot?

PR incorrect and when I'm trying use PR Update button nothing is changed - no update for page PR nor domain and subdomain PR
    For instance - for top url same wrong PR7 for domain and page. In fact all PR 6-7 are wrong and no update possible

• Okay seoperformance: just forget about pr, seriously. Youre too concerned with something that isnt any longer relevant...
    edited July 2015
    Just confirm that this function doesn't work and I'll stop wasting my time trying to fix it. I was told the new version will fix issue but it didn't fix.
    And I'll sent  full report file with PR column replaced with normal PR data from other sources.
  • edited July 2015

maybe your proxies or whatsoeever got banned against G. for checking PR. Because it all works fine here as before. Just that cache is no longer used here.
  • empteeemptee http://prjacker.com
    edited July 2015
    Another possibility - there might be some poorly implemented transparent caching proxy in front of you (or one of your proxies) which is caching "7" from toolbarqueries.google.com and ignoring the query string (seen this before.. usually from really dumb ISPs)

I'm with BigGulpsHuhWelp - PR isn't particularly relevant these days.. that said, I doubt there is any issue with SER.. it's pretty hard to mess up getting/storing PR data from Google!

Cheers,
    Michael
    edited July 2015
    I took it into account having tested with proxy and without and had no difference. Other software PR checking give correct data with same VPS IP.
    I don't know why is that,I downloaded sample of my list and you can test it by your own. Would be interesting to see if you can make updating of PR )
    Here is sample
  • I don't think seoperf is actually understanding what is being said here... What you need SEOperformance is to contact emptee (Michael) and pay $27 for PRJACKER, and use that instead and forget about this whole PR thing you're stuck on...

Until Sven integrates updated metrics into SER like DA/PA, TF/CF, etc. PR jacker is the best way to filter sites to post to.