Skip to content

Global site list

edited January 2013 in Other / Mixed
Hi, i've a question.
If i enable the option "use URLs from global site list if enabled", how it's possible that GSA find new site for make BackLink?

I think that the linkbuilding possibilities are limited by the global site list...

Where is the mistake?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The use of a global site list makes only sense if you have the program running for some time now and it had added URLs on it's own to the site list while submitting or you have added URLs manually to it using the advanced options.
  • Thanks ;)
    Yes, i added around 100 new sites.
    So if i want use thats i must set the global site option on and so the software doesn't find new site?

See the global site list as a database that the software builds on a longer use. You can later make use of that database to not search for the sites using search engines but directly submit to them.

I would use them in addition with search engines in your case.

• Ok, thanx,
    so, for example, for best practices for www.mysite.com i need make 2 project: one with global list and one without?
  • No, you can use both the site list and allow GSA SER to find new sites to both backlink to, and to add to the global site list from within 1 project.
  • So,all the 2 option in the same time?
  • hmm if i add sites with Advanced -> Tools -> Import Urls (identify platforms)

do they get sorted in to the global list ? .. or how are these imported urls used ?

@KayKay yes thats the way you add new URLs to the site lists.

@marcosalvadori yes you can use both options at the same time. search engines are preferred but if there are not enough targets to use all threads, it will try to get URLs from the global site lists.

• edited January 2013
    Oops sorry Messed up my comment. 

Either way,  I had said that it is not working like this sven.   I have it like this across all my servers and once it has used up all the global site list it will just constantly post stuff like 0/283  over and over and over again.  It will do a random search every once a while but  other than it just constantly does that.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

What I have done to beat this is to edit the engine files and it seems to be working half decent

In the engine files, some are set to use blog search engines.

Look for lines like this

;0=no, 1=yes, 2=only blog search
    use blog search=1

Either set to 0 or just kill the line. It does the same thing.

I have no blog engines used on my running copy of ser

Then back up the files. Each time ser updates, it replaces the default files, so you then replace them with your tweaked ones.

• Ok, Thanks Lee,  I'll give this a try. :)

• with notepad++ you can do this in one step for all engines
    1) open all engines in notepad++
    2) ctrl+f "use blog search=1" -> click 'replace' tab -> replace with: "use blog search=0" -> replace all in all opened documents
    3) save all and done

Ozz, I hate you at times :D

I did them all one at a time with note pad

You can also add extra search terms to them. There is a thread on here with a load of extras listed in it

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/9662#Comment_9662

• Hmm Ok,  I tired to open all in Notepad++  but when I select File -> Open -> Than select all engines than Click Open  Nothing opens. 
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    that happens sometimes when you open too many at same time.
    just add 20 each time then.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Don't feel bad @LeeG. I just learned about multiple file global replace this past week. Had the software for 2 years never knowing this feature and can't tell you how many times I did what you did.

Thats one took a week or two to sort out when I got by the problem.

I got hammered by it

It must be google getting wise to people using the blog engines for link building

When I utilised every google engine, four at a time, spread over all tiers, there were very few blog engines listed.

It sounds like the problem started to appear about the same time for those that have been hit by it

I still get the odd one pop up from time to time now, because I also use the same engines on all projects and all tiers to keep the global sites lists topped up with fresh links. But not the constant barrage of them from when I first took on the problem

• Hmm, Weird,  I've never touched my engines before.  But all of them are already set to use blog search=0  And still getting constant 0/283 with  very little to none searching while global site list is enabled.

I just checked a couple of the default engine settings and the blog engines like blogspot and blogspot.es are set to 1

I cant remember the full list of the ones I changed

• In Notepad++ go to search>replace then click on the "find in files" tab. You can do the replace without opening any files. Takes 30 seconds.

I have 10 engines with "use blog search=1"
  • Thanks for that Indy,  That sure is a lot faster.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Thanks Indy & Ozz - super useful tips! Glad I read this thread.

• list of engines using "use blog search=1"

Article Script.ini
    Article Trader.ini
    Blogsmith.ini
    Blogspot.ini
    Blogspot.es.ini
    General Blogs.ini
    KeywordLuv.ini
    Pingback.ini
    Textcube.ini
    Trackback.ini
    Trackback-Format2.ini
  • Thanks for that Ozz,  Got em all changed. ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - doesn't it make sense to change these settings as a default? 
  • What exactly does it do when you set blog search to 0?
    It uses the normal search engines rather than the engines dedicated to blog engines
  • the answer should be "it uses only the normal SEs rather the normal + blog SEs"

if set "use blog search=2" than it would only use blog SEs.
  • edited January 2013
    Ok but what exactly are blog search engines?  Se's that only find blogs?
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    SEs that only use within blogs. "Google Blogs" for example.