Skip to content

Quick Question

andrzejekandrzejek Polska
edited May 2015 in New Engines/Platforms
Question nr.1

When GSA is saving our account data? I know something must match to save the account - like register success or login success? What is it exactly?

Question nr.2 

When running write file= in debug mode, nothing is saved, if i use %login% %password% - account data must be saved first in order to write to file?

EDIT: Even when running normal project, write file= is not working, cant reproduce beacuse was working in other cases, any tips to make sure its not my error? I want to save all account data after registration step so

[register_step1]

all the things

write file=“C:\accounts_Debug.txt” “%targethost%;%login%;%password%”

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. accounts are saved if an engine can create an account. The submit success message in REGISTER_STEP1 section must match of the engine allows you to continue with an unknown submission status

However accounts are removed again if the no login could be done later on or the submission failed after login

2. Your " are wrong. You have to use normal double quotes.

• andrzejekandrzejek Polska
    edited May 2015
    Thank you, looks like http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/script_manual is wrong

Example: write file=“C:\temp\accounts.txt” “%targeturl%;%login%;%password%”

Got another question, i want to write to file only if my variable is not empty.

my variable is type=extract - url to my article

if the submission fails, my variable is empty, - it breaks my other projects beacuse they use #file_links from that file, is there workaround?
    edited May 2015
    Actually even if variable is not empty, its not saved to file

but
    verify url=%my_variable%

is working 100%

even static=1 is not solving the problem

I came with workaround

[STEP2]
    modify url=%my_variable%
    just download=1
    write file= %targeturl% 

But looks like %targeturl% is wrong here %targetpath%~~ aswell, i cant save my article id somehow any ideas?

EDIT:

url is saved using EXTRA_STEP now question how to not write to file if variable is empty?

so much hassle, it can be easier if we could set anchor text to an article (like in first line or %%anchor_article=)
    (that will be later saved in verified list with url where this article was submitted)

sorry but I don't get all your issues here really. So much about EDIT here and there and in the end I have no idea what problem you have.

The docu is correct and the syntax you wrote above had a different double quote than the normal ".

Anyway, make sure you write to a path where SER has rights to save things. IF you need your URL and not the target url, then simply write %url% ?

edited May 2015
    Sorry a lot, my bad, i will try to be more organized next time before i report and make everything as clear as possible for you.

First of all ill explain how verify works.

[article_urlid]
    type=extract
    front=<div class="*
    front2=<a href="
    back="

[step1]

verify submission=1
    verify by=url
    verify interval=1
    verify timeout=3
    first verify=0
    verify on unknown status=1
    verify url=%article_urlid%

To this step everything works fine, now i want to use write file macro to save
    %article_urlid%. 

Using this macro in step1 or step2 is not working, ( looks like article_urlid variable is empty ). 
    Workaround is:

[EXTRA_STEP1]
    modify url=%article_urlid%
    just download=1
    verify submission=2

[EXTRA_STEP2]
    write file="
    just download=1

But:

1. verified domains amount is lowered dramatically (from 700 to 400 using saved accounts)
    2. links to login / dashboard are saved when posting failed. (instead of article url.)

What i want to achieve.

i want to "write to file" my "article url" or "verify url" (that is 100% correct in my verified list) only if:

verification was successfull, (link was found)

Why this is important for me? I am using #file_links macro for these urls later.

Why i cant use urls from verified list from the project?
    The answer is simple, beacuse i am not using anchor text. I need the anchor text to be article title.

write file="C:\x.txt" "%article_urlid%#%Article_title%\n"

Maybe there is a workaround, saving static anchor text for the verified url?

[step1]
    anchor text=%Article_title%
    Your STEP1 is not doing anything as you don't use "modify url" with "just downlaod" or any form submission with "form name/id/url". 
    edited May 2015
    So like that?

[EXTRA_STEP1]
    modify url=%article_urlid%
    verify submission=2
    write file= DATA

I guess there still will be a problem with not verified urls, is there any way to save static anchor text to appear in verified list / or write file= only if article is verified?

Right now i have to edit the .csv file with exported links, and i can get anchor only from the url permalink (so not all urls give me anchors).

So the question is how to save %article_title% as anchor text for my verified url automatically ?
    you miss a "just download=1" in EXTRA_STEP1 because without this it downloads the "modify url" and searches for a form to submit.
  • Ok you still didnt answer my other questions

well because I don't understand it again. Sorry, might be my lack of English understanding. Anyway youc an save to a file anything you want...even %article_title% but the problem is that this can only happen on submission, not on verification.

edited May 2015
    Hmmmm... its most likely lack of my english understanding.

I want to get my article title as anchor text in verified list.

So if i submit to www.domain2.com article with title Best Article Title i get verified url www.domain2.com/myarticle23.html

Now i need that to appear in my verified list in SER. Or in text file format www.domain2.com/myarticle23.html#Best Article Title

write file="c:\temp\list" "%url%#%article_title%"

would do the job...but again only on submission, not on verification.

• Yes, exactly - its not best solution.

Is it possible to add new feature in GSA that will allow to save article title as anchor text (or any other macro?) for urls in verified list?

That would save hours of time modyfing and filtering all links.
    But thats not the anchor text!? Sorry this is just not what others want and I see no use in fking anchor texts.
    edited May 2015
    Its solved found workaround already working well, looks like i made you angry already :D

What i meant was option "article title is anchor". So as result we could see in our verified list:

www.submitted.com/article235.html
    anchor: %article_title%

then use %article_title% in the project data->anchor text as macro.
    edited May 2015
    pm sent