Skip to content

Keeps Crashing

edited January 2013 in Bugs
Hey Sven,

I'm having some issues with CB crashing when working with senuke.

I have nuke running at 10 threads and set it to try CB 4 times in the senuke settings area.

To make things easier I took a screen shot of my CB settings.

I also have all captcha's selected.

It crashed about 3 times within 30 minutes but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

For this reason I have created a Feature Request thread as well: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1706/error-reporterror-report-sender

Comments

• maybe it helps to simulate a captcha service like "decaptcher" but i don't now if thats really necessary with the added "CS" feature in recent release.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Does a "send bug report" box come up when it crashes? Also, are you running the latest version 1.48?
  • No, no report box pops up.

I was using 1.47, Sven is releasing so fast that I didn't even see 1.48, I just updated about 2 hours ago and will run the update now.

Will report back if it still crashes.
  • Just had it crash again, running the exact same setup as last time (minus ReCaptcha selected) and no error report window box either.
    How is it "crashing"? Maybe post some screenshots?
  • It's hard, I mean, it simply crashes and that's it. Windows tells me and so next time it crashes I will post the details from it's report.

• Ok, now it's crashing a little more often without me changing anything.

Here is the error information from Windows:

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: GSA_CapBreak.exe
      Application Version: 1.4.8.0
      Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
      Fault Module Name: StackHash_5047
      Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
      Exception Code: c0000374
      Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033
      Additional Information 1: 5047
      Additional Information 2: 504788adad23bee16fc2f3e7b8c12d9e
      Additional Information 3: 66dc
      Additional Information 4: 66dca3c83ef7d43c84af0d0657e5b8e6
    Are you running on a VPS? Maybe you can let Sven have access to it so he can check it out?
  • No, not a VPS.

Running from my home laptop.

Asus G75V

Windows 64bit Ultimate.

I have no problem with Sven connecting but I have no idea what's crashing it so it would simply be him logging in and waiting for a problem.

It's weird, I had 3-4 crashes within a 5 min span, and now CB has been going strong for nearly 40 minutes. Oye'

@Sven, let me know what you would like to do.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - what do you mean "the added "CS" feature in recent release." What is this feature and why does it eliminate decaptcher?
  • You are able to use CS as service in SEnuke to communicate with CB
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks. 
  • I have a similar problem. My CB is crashing but still working in the background , i mean captchas are solved..the issue is that i cannot open CB from bar.
  • V1.56 seems to keep crashing for me. Sent bug report. Went back to previous version and all is fine.
  • Same thing to me. CB crashed 3 times within 30 minutes for me.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013
    Mine crashed 100 times in 5 minutes. I sent in a bug report. @indylinks, thanks for reminding me that we all have the previous version. That's easy to forget when in a panic.
    edited February 2013
    If anyone see's this, don't upgrade to the latest version. Apparently there is bug that makes it crash. (obviously) I'm sure Sven will be around to see it soon.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Latest version should fix this. Though I have made a silent update just after I have released the bugged version. Seems too many already installed the new one :(
  • Well I'm getting the exact same thing now. Crashing within 10 secs of running.

It's never crashed before until now and now that it's started it won't stop crashing.

Fwiw the average solve time is usually about 0.25 sec but after it first crashed and I monitored it, it was doing 0.15 sec. Plus minus 0.02sec. Almost like it's too fast it crashed.
    @VILLAIN - This thread is over a month old. Which version are you running that's crashing? I'm on 5.51 and its been running stable on my end.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited April 2013
    Same here -- CB keeps crashing every now and then since the last update.... Ver 1.79
    And the crash looks like what? Do you get a bugreport window?
  • honor90 above. This is unusual. What could be the solution. I have had to go back to using CS.
  • edited May 2013
    Confirming, CB started to crash after last update (1.83) randomly. Using it only with GSA SE ranker.

Does not gives you any message, just get a pop window saying it stopped responding. Looks completely random - can work for day then crash, can work few hours and crash.

Andy
  • Same here mine has started crashing for the last 2 weeks almost every day

In the beggining I did not pay attention because I thought maybe SVEN has taken notice 
    but it keeps on freezing and as a result GSA SER does not continue to do any work
    After I press close program then the CB gets restarted by SER and it all works OK
    @Sven how can we help you debug this ? 

I personally have been running the same old projects since 3 months ago no changes in settings 
    apart from religiously updating SER and CB when I get a notice 

I suspect that CB gets a lot of Captcha requests from SER and it gets flooded and cannot take it 

I have successfully been running with 230 threads on SER but recently I have decreased it to 180 
    in hopes that it stops but no success ...

You all run CB with SER only and with the CaptchaBreaker option? If you get this "crash notice", do you have a "Send Bugreport" button?
  • it happens everyday for me 
    yes CB runs with SER using Captchabreaker option 
    I don't get a crash notice or send bugreport but I will check again
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Just had a crash on the latest release.

No ser crash report, but on the close program pop up, there was this info

Problem signature:    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Search_Engine_Ranker.exe Application Version: 5.9.9.0 Application Timestamp: 2a425e19 Fault Module Name: Search_Engine_Ranker.exe Fault Module Version: 5.9.9.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000af9d OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Read our privacy statement online:    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409  If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• Keeps on crashing for me almost everyday its really annoying 

And I have been lowering the thread count of GSA SER from 230 that was originally down to 140 now
    without having changed any project for the last 3 months 

there is no way to get a crash report, maybe you can incorporate a crash report into GSA CB so we can send you on the next crash 

SVEN if you need I can give you access to my computer (with teamviewer) to take a look at it ...