Skip to content

CB - ReTries - & Setting Retries Per Project Rather Than Globally

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited January 2013 in Need Help
I have been watching the CB screen as it chugs away.

I see it has a number of captchas wrong.

I'd like to know the following:
1) If I set retry to 5, will it show up in the window that it is retrying the captcha? I've been watching for a while and can't see it retrying a wrong captcha. 
2) I am doing a blog comment run. Lets say correct captcha is "ABSabs" but it attempts "AB8bs" which is wrong. It says "Solved With xxx". 
a) Surely the blog rejects this wrong captcha. Surely I should see a new captcha that it is retrying the captcha?
b) Would it be possible for it to show "Retrying Attempt 1" when it is retrying the captcha in the GUI. This way we can see what is new and what it's not solving. 
3) What's the best amount of captcha retries?
4) Given that different projects have different importance, can we set the CB retries on a per project basis rather than global. I'd like it to try 5x on my PR4+ Tier 1 projects, but for my PR0 Tier 4 projects, I'd like to set it to only retry once. How do I do this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Go to the options page of your project and near the top is "custom retries"
  • 1) works for me and you see it when captchas of the same type are popping up in the log in a very short time
    2) thats how this counter works. its not possible to say if captcha is right or wrong. its only possible to say for CB that it could give an answer or not
    3) depends on importance of project. LeeG is the man to answer that question ;)
    In general I can say if you just want to spam and go for speed than low retry number might works best. If you say you need links badly on this type of platform you have to increase the retry counter
    4) its already impletend. you must have missed that option as it was introduced some days ago
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz & @Indylinks - feeling a little stupid...been a long day. I'd read that the per project retry was implemented but couldn't find the setting! 

1) In General - do project settings override global settings? I.e. if global retries is set to 1 and project retry setting 5, then will it go with the project or global setting?

2) I've read a few times "its not possible to say if captcha is right or wrong." - if this is the case, how does it know how to retry an incorrect captcha? Surely the form generates an error and it can only be captcha (if you have the settings and platform ini correct?)

3) Would be nice to have it on the GUI if it shows "Retrying Attempt 1" when it is retrying the captcha.

• OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    1) yes
    2) yes, but I believe its hardcoded into SER and not in the *.ini. but i might be wrong about that
    3) don't know if possible as SER sends only the image to CB to solve it without any information from which site the captcha is
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Im running everything on zero retries.

And Im still hitting 140k submissions a day

Tried running csx as first captcha service and cb as second the other day to get a true idea of how the two compare.

50k submissions down that day :O

I was going to post the screen shots on another forum to antagonise another captcha developer

But Nasa cant keep up with dummies being spat faster than the speed of light :D

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @LeeG - Thanks for sharing.

Are you using that (Retries at 0) on higher level tiers as well? 

What about moneysite projects? 
  • I think you need to make that decision by yourself. If you targeting higher PR sites than increasing your retry counter makes sense as the number of high-PR-sites are limited, so you want to post to them as often as you can.
    Of course you can 'delete target history' from time to time which will result in another try to post to that site.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Im lazy. Counting is not my thing, plus it uses more energy to go round hitting buttons and turning retries from zero to one

A lot of the captchas from when I have done things manually, would change on each try, so unless your reloading a page and grabbing a new image, why bother with a retry?

I could well be wrong on that