Skip to content

Web2.0's

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited January 2013 in Need Help
I am busy reviewing a number of my tier 1's and checking them to ensure they are optimised as I want to rank them.

I wanted to ask a few questions about the strategy.

1) If you are targetting multiple keywords (say 10), do you create a page on the web2.0' for each of these keywords, and thus create a stronger hub, or do you create multiple web2.0's on the same profile? I.e. do you create 10 x 1 page wordpress web2.0's? or 1x 10page wordpress Web2.0?
2) Are you links pointing to other web2.0's?
3) Are you able to use facebook/twitter feeds from your moneysite so it looks more used and natural?
4) Are you creating the hubs to look like an unrelated third party or are you branding them so it improves user flow? I.e. do you use the same avatar's, headers, etc...
5) How regularly are you placing fresh content on the web2.0's?
6) How are you using GSA for this, if at all?

Finally, are there any no no's with web2.0's? 

I'm just going through all the basics again, in case I've missed something.
Tagged:

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

1) If you are talking about manually creating web 2.0's, then yes, target one anchor for each anchor text term. I would not have 10 wordpress sites, rather ten different web 2.0 platforms. 1 Page. You can have 2-3 posts on that home page and do massive damage. I have tons of web 2.0s ranking in google on first and second page.

2) NEVER interlink web 2.0's unless you want a footprint the size of a yeti. One link to money page, and if you feel compelled, maybe a random link to an authority site. Personally I think that is overblown. All my sites rank without authority links.

3) If you want twitter, facebook and all the others, go ahead. But it's not the point. You want these sites to help rank your moneysite, not to sell stuff. One of the unfortunate consequences of success with GSA is these sites might start ranking, and sometimes even outranking your moneysite. Then you have the grim task of having to rewrite each one as if it was a new moneysite. What a pain in the butt. So wait for that when it happens...you should have more important things to do in the meantime like create new moneysites.

4) Branding schmanding. You're not Ford. Don't get delusional. You're hawking affiliate marketing so get real. Different web 2.0's create wildly different footprints, headers, code, etc., so don't worry about it.

5) I aim for two fresh posts per year, lol. All my sites rank high with 1-2 posts. It's your linkbuilding that gets you there, not your post count. Quit listening to the parrots who visit seo forums and repeat what other parrots say about fresh content is king, blah, blah, blah.

6) GSA will blast anything to the top if you set up your tiers. No magic. Tons of links right at the web 2.0's. You can beat them up with links and nothing bad will happen. Again, don't listen to the parrots.

• great post.
  • @ron has summed it up nicely.

Here's what I do

1) I create my web 2.0's manually. Then I set them up in a way there's not an evident relation between them. Different themes, different options. I create 1 set of web 2.0 per niche, not per keyword. Once I've created those sites, I feed them with content and several tiers of links. I used to use sick, Xrumer and Scrapebox for this but GSA is so awesome that you can make magic happen right out of the box.

2) Never. I'd rather post to a big, established site with no relation with my sites. I'm passing enough link juice/authority through each web 2.0 to my money sites that I don't even need to interlink them. That's not natural, and any "normal" person wouldn't do that kind of schemes.

3) I use random feeds/widgets as content curators. My articles are spun, so the last thing I want is being slapped by dupe content. I pull more content from feeds and widgets to randomize my content in each web 2.0

4) For me, considering a web 2.0 as a money site is a risk I'm not willing to take. The main purpose of those sites is sending juice to my sites, but never rank on their own. I think you'd be better approaching site owners with branded sites and negotiate a link.

5) Depends of the niche. Study your competition and their pyramids and try to look for a pattern. Most of the cases 1 post each month is more than enough but it really comes down to how legit and how authoritative you want your web 2.0 to become.

6) How are you using GSA for this, if at all?
    I bought GSA just a few days ago and I can't tell you how much it has helped me to make this process more efficient and constant. Link velocity and diversification is not a problem anymore. I'd gladly pay for this software up to $1000, it's so great.
  • for how long you stay sending links to those web 2.0, you let GSA running fro 1 week over your web2.0?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hyde & @ron

Thanks for the informative posts!

1) Are you using GSA to place content on your web2.0's?
    3) How are you pulling in content through feeds? Are you automating here?

4) How many web2.0s are you normally using per anchor text you are targetting? I know it varies per keyword, but roughly...

5) If you have 50 websites, and target 5 terms per websites, then that gives 250 web2.0's without much hassle with only 1 web2.0 for each anchor...how do you manage them all? This is where I'm trying to get smarter and looking for ideas. 
  • ronron SERLists.com

1) Nope. By hand. I only do this for one really, really, special moneysite. It's such a pain. What I do is buy a superspun article at the sentence level because I won't use it more for more than 10-20 web 2.0's, and only for a couple posts each.

I will be quite honest here. GSA has done such a spectacular job with just its regular lineup of platforms, and I have ranked so well with it, I honestly don't see the need to do manual web 2.0's for 95% of any moneysites.

The only purpose of the Tier1 properties is to help channel link juice to the moneysite. I mentioned this above, but it becomes a royal pain in the ass when these premium handbuilt web 2.0's properties suddenly start to rank after a few months. Then you say, goddam, I have to rewrite all these stupid web 2.0's that are ranking in google. You think it's a nice pain to have, but it isn't. Try and rewriting the same salespage 15 times. You won't do it. You would rather put a gun to your head. I just want my site to rank, not 20 sites for the same term. Life is too short for that type of drama!!

3) I strongly prefer to have GSA build my tier1 properties. And I do it with KM, but I also really like ACW - great piece of software. Uniqueness matters more than readability, and those two programs do that very well (but I think ACW is more readable). Again, it's not about ranking those properties, and I am amused if people actually read my spun crap :) They must be foreigners or something.

4) I just let GSA do its thing with my anchor text list in typical random GSA fashion. It's better that way. Nothing looks premeditated or overweighted. You want variety. I try to put in ten anchors per project. And I just let GSA build as many properties for each anchor as it does. Some will get removed anyway, so there is no need for central planning here. I will ocassionally look at my tier1 verified list, and sort by anchor to ensure there's a decent distribution of anchors. But there always is.

5) You are overthinking this whole thing. There is nothing to manage. Just have a solid Tier2 underneath it posting as many links as possible. Juice will flow upward from all of those properties helping you rank for all of those terms. Great things will happen.

• @ron you should make a How to build tiers or links till rank thread, i have learned a lot from you.

how long you wait to see if your blast worked?
  • ronron SERLists.com

I'm a patient dude. I try to work on other moneysites and new projects so I don't get into a babysitting mode waiting to see when things rank.

Typically I see sites hit the radar within a week or two, and I actually try to regulate my linkbuilding on a progressively bigger schedule as time passes.

I'm happy to see things get in the top 50 in about 8 weeks. Then I amp things up a bit and try to get in top 3 over the next 4 weeks.

I have had sites rank faster obviously, but I have noticed when I pace things out, the rankings stick and keep going up.

• @ron this is amazing! Really! Thank you very much for sharing! :)

I have one question though... (I am not trying to hijack thread, just to wrap my thinking properly with all of the great questions posted by GlobalGoogler and amazing answers by ron) :)

How "deep" do you go, I'm not talking about your special moneysites where you do manually, but on 95% where you let GSA to do web2.0's? How deep do you go, so you have setup T1, and T2 from what I've read and do you make T3? T4? Or after T2 do you use indexing service? :) Can you please let us know? :)

Thank you!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

I typically go only two tiers deep.

Go here where I discuss indexing: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1475/what-type-of-backlinks-are-recommended-towards-tier-1-#Item_27

• Thank you! :) I was thinking a lot about getting GSA Indexer, and now I'm pretty sure that I will buy it in next couple of days as well to help indexing backlinks as soon as I catch a time to play around with it as well...

@offtopic
    Lindexed... O boy I want that, and I'm sure service is great as everyone is using it, but getting an account there is pain in the ass from what I've seen and read and tried... Very rude people work there (if there are few, or it's single person) so I know it's possibly worth it but I'm not sure if I want to buy it any longer just because of customer service that I've received even before purchase (when I tried to make a purchase)...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

@LWD - Forgetting the personal part of it for a second, none of the indexing services where you subscribe are really that great. I just think Lindexed is better for a very cheap price. At least all your links get 100% crawled. That's part of the battle.

If you have the budget and can afford it, Nuclear Link Indexer is probably the best. But for what it costs and the limit on links, it is just not doable in a GSA environment with all the links. Maybe just tier1.

The solution needs to be something similar to what I described, or xrumer. Just too many links to index.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @ron - thanks for keeping up the discussion. I'm on a mission to be more efficient, so been relooking every aspect. (as you can tell by the various threads' I'm posting)  :-) It's amazing, when you step back, take a break and reassess what you discover.

If you are using GSA SER for your web2.0's, what capcha are you using? Don't most use CB and aren't many of the web2.0's outdated in GSA SER and need to be fixed? (as per thread by Jamese)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    DBC. But I use web 2.0 a little too loosely at times. Articles in general are what makes tier 1 rock. Sure, I would rather have more of those articles on web 2.0 properties, but it all still works for rankings.