Skip to content

Platform Identifier

MaXMaX Portugal
edited December 2014 in GSA Platform Identifier
Hi,
just bought the Platform Identifier, all is pretty clear, apart from the Field "URL Files" can someone please help me out here what URL files go in here? The Platform URL? or the website URL I want to submit? I am confused. :)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    That's where you drop your .txt files or folders that you want to be sorted. So lets say you did a big scrape with scrapebox and you saved the scraped URLS  to a .txt file. Load the .txt file into that URL files window and that's the URLS that will be identified and sorted.
  • MaXMaX Portugal
    wonderful, thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
    No problem :)
  • Hi,
    There is a problem upgrading from v 1.02 to v1.03 - internal error message and the program won't start.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Fixed it. Please re-download the setup.
  • Hi @Sven
    re-downloaded from this link above, but get the Error: #8011. Same Error then before

Please advise
    Im sorry. I don' tknow what this is, let me fix it asap.
  • Thanks @Sven,

will wait for your fixed post.

ok im uploading a new one now...should be ready in some seconds.
  • every thing is OK now
  • edited December 2014
    @Sven - thanks for the quick fix.

I think there is another small bug regarding "file name format".

I have created a project to monitor a folder. I select [type]-[name].txt as the file name format.

When I run the project, I notice that the files are saved as [name].txt format. When I try to edit the project settings, I can see that the [name].txt is selected rather than the [type]-[name].txt

In the mean time I have changed SER global settings to the [name].txt file format

Thanks for looking into this.

@slimdusty72 - Will look into this. Thanks
  • MaXMaX Portugal
    Looking for some advice on how to increase the number of scraped domains /URLs. I know that I have to learn more about how to make up better footprints to get better numbers. I do not get enough submissions or verified links, in fact I only got 35 verified links :) the last time I run SER, So I stopped for now. I know I do something wrong. Your help is really very much appreciated.
    35 verified links from how many imported URLS? Which engines? What emails are you using? Private proxies? Captchas solving? 

All of those things are important for success rate.
  • MaXMaX Portugal
    I am using top quality private proxies (40) each proxy has a different C class not that this matters I think in this context. I am using Yahoo emails in SER.I am using a minimum of 20 tested and fresh emails per project, which I would change frequently. I am using Captcha Breaker, and a good re captcha service. I am using Srapebox to get/generate my Domains/Urls list which I than import into the Identifier. I get maybe a list of 3000 from Scrape Box and that number gives me my 30 - 35 verified links.

• MaXMaX Portugal
    I have only used Social Media (twitter clones), Directories which I have 0 verified so far and I have used Exploits-
    I am aware that the verified links for the Article directories may needs some time as I have no idea if they are all human monitored, but I would have thought that I would get at least a few auto verified ones. I have submitted maybe to 100 Article Directories but so far not a single verified link.
    Oh ya, 3,000 URLS is not nearly enough to work with. You need to be scraping a lot more URLS (millions)

Im scraping with scrapebox right now using the free server proxies and have had this running a few days:

You can see I've got close to 9,000,000 scraped results. When I filter that out further (remove dups) its going to be a lot less. 

You need to be loading in much bigger lists to get more verified links unless of course it is a verified link list. 
  • MaXMaX Portugal
    I suspected that this is part of my problem. The question is how can get to those numbers you get. Scrape Box is finished with my scrape in about 4 minutes.
  • MaXMaX Portugal
    how do I get these big lists ? :) its a question of the footprint I use right? That is exactly where I need to see where I can learn how to do that better
  • MaXMaX Portugal
    I see you use thousands of keywords that is another problem I cant understand really where do I get those quantities of keywords from? I think I understand the relationship of the number of keywords to the success of getting the URLs. I scrape with 5 keywords :)
    Ya, I use FuryKyles premium keyword list: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/6280/most-complete-gsa-keyword-scraping-list-10-major-languages-create-your-own-gsa-site-lists/p1

A good set of footprints + keywords and you'll be able to scrape a lot more. Loopline has a youtube channel with a ton of scrapebox videos.

Also, you can try Scraperbandit which can give you a lot of results quickly and for pretty cheap.
  • MaXMaX Portugal
    thanks for the links, I just have to learn how to make better footprints. Thanks for your help it is appreciated.
    No problem. :)
  • @s4nt0s - What's the biggest list that you can feed into platform identifier. I've been playing with Scraperbandit and have a couple of pretty big lists (over 200mb) - Will platform identifier just chug through them until they're done ?
    @filescape - yep 200mb shouldn't be a problem. I've done lists over 2GB before so 200mb is no biggie.
  • Hi @s4nt0s
     The Error with the filenames… i have the same problem now with Version 1.05

--------  slimdusty72 wrote: before:
    I think there is another small bug regarding "file name format".
    I have created a project to monitor a folder. I select [type]-[name].txt as the file name format. 

When I run the project, I notice that the files are saved as [name].txt format. When I try to edit the project settings, I can see that the [name].txt is selected rather than the [type]-[name].txt
    ------------

Please advise
    Thanks Marc
    edited December 2014
    @Marc - We just tested this again and it seems to work fine. I'm going to PM you to get more info so we can try to replicate it.

*Edit* - Bug found and fixed in version 1.06.
  • s4nt0s  @Sven

Can you add a option to "save engine selection" like GSA ser.  When I want to run a different project, I have to filter the engine one by one.  Thanks
    @blackseocn - Sure, that will be added.
  • s4nt0s 

Thanks for your works.  Also, I think I just find a bug.  When I paused a project, then restart it, the program did not identify correctly.  I mean it is running, but all goes to unrecognized, nothing new added and sorted to the platforms.  It lasts around 5 minutes, then I paused it again, and restarted it.  it is working normally now.   I don't know why.