Skip to content

update question

Hello everyone , 

I would like to know something , when an update come out do we need to backup any setting or new custom added captcha or we just update and everything added by the user to the software is kept automatically by default ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    custom added captchas stay unless you named them the same as the default once in CB.
  • what about default captchas ? for example if I edit the default captcha and want to return to default settings how to do please ? 
    Well if you edit the default captcha types, then you should make backups of them as they will be overwritten on an update.
  • what about the auto-improve feature ? the improvement is preserved when updating the software or I need to backup something to keep the improvement ? because sometime I let the gsa captcha breaker improve itself during night
    Well thats a bad idea. The auto-improve functions make only sense if you have enough captchas for a type. Else it will just make things worse.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @sven so it's a bad idea to run auto improve every once and a while?

If my CB installs have been running for a very long time, would an auto improve run be any use to me?
    This is useless unless you have a reasonable size of sample images to the captcha type you improve.
  • ok I understand , what's the reasonable size of images we need then ? 

if I understand well , I need to  backup any improvement I apply to any default captcha ? because it will overwritten in the next update

yes it will be overwritten. The amount of captchas depend on the captchas itself. Some people would say 100 is minimum. Some captchas require way less to define something good.
  • hello , for example alto-cms have only 1 % success rate in my captcha breaker , I want to brute force it to increase this percentage a little bit , I have many captchas already in my unsolved captcha folder

from your experience how many captcha should I use to get something decent ? 
    Please don't wast your time on this captcha. There is not much of a chance that this type is getting a better solve rate. The chars are all linked to each other and for an OCR algorithm it is a bit hard to find a proper solution here. However if you have alot samples with correct answer as file name, send them to me in case I add a new filter, I might be able to improve this in the future.
  • ok I will try to type the correct answer for them then I will send them to you , what's your email address ?
    what's  the minimum number of captcha you will need ? 

Thanks 
    check pm.