Skip to content

GSA SER has stopped creating links

edited November 2014 in Bugs
I left it run overnight and GSA SER has basically stopped creating links(although it's started and there are target URLs in multiple projects) . There are 4 threads, but they are not doing anything, so it might be related to this bug - forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/14592/gsa-ser-not-stopping
I'll send a bug report with link to this thread.

Comments

• After pressing the Stop button and waiting 7 minutes, the 4 threads don't stop (like in the thread linked above).
    Then after pressing the Start button, SER starts running normally and creating links.

This actually happens quite often, almost every time I check it in the morning - that the program somehow halts and I need to Stop and Start it again.
  • Check the threads about SER not stopping, that's the issue you're facing. 
  • @Sven, could you add a feature than will Stop and Start SER every X minutes? Because this is what I need to do manually every 30 minutes...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im sorry but I have no solution to this right now. I also have not changed anything on the deeper code that could have caused this. I more feel like it's a system issue. Can you all post on what servers/OSs this happens?
  • Windows server 2008 R2 standard (Version 6.1.7601)
    Solid Seo VPS

• Does anybody know some script that will click on the Stop button in SER every X minutes and then click on Start 2 minutes later?
  • @Sven, when I stop the projects after they stop/slow down creating new links, I get a lot of "GSA Captcha Breaker is not responding/can't solve" errors (while the threads finish after hitting the Stop button).
    Is that a problem or is it just because the threads are being stopped?

its because you stopped it and threads in queue will check that before sending to captcha breaker.
  • @Sven is that normal program behavior? Will SER try to submit to those sites again after I hit Start?
    Depends on your setup. But usually no, those sites will not be used anymore.
  • Shouldn't they be used again after Start since the submit process was interrupted by me Stopping SER?
    No, at that point SER does not know why it was aborted. Might change it though.