Skip to content

HELP Needed - Norton 360 eat my SER exe

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Help needed…

Norton 360 eat my Ser exe. A virus was detected?. I'm sure that this is a false positive. But where can i download the actual exe (i need no complete Installer).

Thanks in advance, Marc
Tagged:

Comments

• Resolved!

After searching the Norton Logs i found the Virus-Info and recovers the SER exe.
  • Download SER and install it again should help. Uninstallation is not needed.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    And get yourself a better scanner Norton or Symantec are worst things I can think of. Making your system totally slow and there support is horrible. Every time I contacted them about a false positive it took them ages to react. If thats the case for new viruses as well you can imagine how useful this is.
  • @Sven. which Antivirus-Software you prefer!

Thanks Marc
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I had to give up on Norton and MacAfee years ago because it slowed my system to a crawl. Kaspersky Antivirus is the best I have ever used, and it doesn't suck up valuable system resources.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

AVAST is free (for none commercial use) and doesn't slow our pc down that much. I use it myself at home.

Other good A/V are AVG (also free but slows down a bit). kaspersky (very good detection engine) and propably some others.

I can not recommend Symantc, Norton, ESET, McAffee 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Very interesting thread...I used AVG at home but moved to Avast now. Works like a charm. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    If you have a VPS...only with GSA and CS and Search Indexer...would you advise to run a virus program like avast or avg?
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    No. AVs only costs rescources and with SER you won't get any infections.
  • @Sven - Thanks for your recommendations