Skip to content

GSA says it left a link but i cant find it

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Im looking at the window that display the link locations of where GSA says it left a link. There are many many times iv clicked to see what it placed only to find nothing at all.

For example, GSA stated it left a link at zimbio.com. HUH? How can that be? I clicked on the green link and zimbo.com loads up. Where is the link?
Other times iv clicked on links only to find a forum login screen. No links to be found. Iv even found links to index pages for sites where i know it would be impossible for GSA to leave a link cause its not a forum, not a guest book and not anywhere where you could possibly leave a link yet GSA says it placed one. :confused:

Something is not right with this. Id understand if i was checking links placed a few days ago or a few weeks ago and the webmaster removed it but in these causes, these are links that were supposedly placed less than 1/2 hr ago.

Also, can GSA not determine forum profiles that are not visible? Visible only after you sign in? Those we dont really want do we?

Comments

• what platforms are those? forums and what else?

do you backlink to a youtube or blog site for example and don't have "use exact url" checked?
  • @mikie46 I have seen similar ghost links myself
    some of the engines probably need improvement but Sven
    has to get specific info to debug and realize what went wrong

for example if you give the engine reported to have been used then probably it can be debugged

• I get this a lot with Drupal.  SER reports a link dropped but the URL reported in the window comes in the form of http://www.domain.com/?q=user, so I can't find the link.  It's reported in green though.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That can happen if the link was found during submission but that link was only visible when logged in. Sorry I can't do much about it right now.