Skip to content

Not sure what I'm doing wrong (Screenshots included, should be a quick answer)

edited November 2012 in Need Help
I'm using the demo, thinking about buying it.

Not sure if this is related to my problem, but it might help me - where do I find a guide that tells me where GSA inserts links into fields like the "About Yourself" field? Is there a special way to insert links where you want them?

Here's a screenshot of my settings:

And here's what I'm getting for verified links:

I've worked with a lot of seo software before and I can't understand this. 

The Link URL field is supposed to be live links (for the report) right? So why am I getting Youtube subdirectories and stuff there? And why does the anchor text appear to be something totally different than what I specified? 

If Link URL isn't live links for your report, where do you access the report of your live links?

Comments

• BTW, I have the keyword options not checked because I am using a global site list.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Just insert <a href="%url%">%anchor%</a> for it to add the link where you specify, otherwise it will choose a place. 
  • Ah okay, thanks Global!

Any idea what's up with the outputs I'm getting on those verified links?
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    do you have "verified links must have exact URL" in your project options -> options checked? you want to backlink to youtube-sites, right? if thats the case than this option has to be checked. otherwise it will verify all youtube-links it will find on any site.
  • I was just testing the software, and used youtube.com as my URL just to make sure I knew how the software worked and could verify it worked well before I bought it.

I did not have that option checked, so that makes a little more sense. Is there a reason why it has my anchor text wrong? Is that because it pulled the anchor text of the youtube link it found when it verified the link?

So in the verified links, which column spits out the LIVE URL of an article post? For instance, if submitting to these article directories:
    example.org
    example2.com
    example3.net

isn't there supposed to be a column that has your live links (verified articles that were published) where you see the live links like this:

example.org/title-of-article-submitted
    example2.com/title-of-article-submitted
    example3.net/title-of-article-submitted
  • <Is that because it pulled the anchor text of the youtube link it found when it verified the link?

Yes, I think that this is the cause. Just take another test-url to get better results like http://helloworld.org or something like that.
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    URL -> where your link is posted (you see the difference when not using youtube as your backlink-url)
    Link URL -> which of your URLs was posted
  • Sweet! Thanks Ozz. Running a test run now, hope it works!
  • edited November 2012
    So... I did a run and I'm finding something really weird..

Every single one of the links has just the "About Yourself" section on it. This was just another test run, luckily.

It didn't paste my article, it pasted the "About Yourself" section instead.
    My link also didn't work. The "%anchor%" did not input the right anchor text.

Any ideas?

• edited November 2012
    ^ Just read in the help guide and it appears it's supposed to be "%anchor_text%" instead of "%anchor%" is that correct? That solves my issue with why the anchor text didn't work. GlobalGoogler, was that a typo on your part or what? lol I used what you told me.
  • ^^ Also wondering if perhaps this is just how "WIKI" websites work. Do they use your "About Yourself" section and not the article section? If so, then how is it possible to submit to article directories and wiki's in the same project?
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    you have to check "Put URL in places where it is clearly seen as spam" in Project Options -> Options to post articles to wiki sites, if the site "allows" that. the profile site will not be abused for article posting with SER. if you like to do that, you have to edit the wiki-scripts by yourself.
  • as you are only test SER -> right click the "About Yourself" field -> default content.

use that spin text for further testing.
  • Thanks Ozz, and I assume the anchor text inserter is "%anchor_text%" and not "%anchor%" like I had it right?

So GSR doesn't post articles to wiki sites unless you check that box? What are the downsides to that box?

Doesn't that box also means it will submit your link to spammy spots during the registration process, like in profile fields and such? If I'm selecting lots of different platforms like social networks, web 2.0's, article directories, etc. then do I need to be careful when checking that?
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    - %anchor_text% is right.

- GSR is not software i know of ;)
    pros to use that option: contextual links on wiki sites and links in forum posts
    cons to that option: your links might not stick too long because webmaster will notice your "spam" earlier.

- this option is only for posting articles to wiki sites and a forum post with the YABB engine, yet. SN, Web20s etc. are not affected by this

• edited November 2012
    Okay so web 2.0's and social networks use the "article" field?

Is there a reason why you can only create "user" profiles on wiki's and not actual wiki pages?
  • you can create wiki pages when "Put URL in places where it is clearly seen as spam" is checked like mentioned above
  • Thanks Ozz, just meant a real page where it's not user=blah at the end of the URL. I appreciate all your help though!