Skip to content

Computer help needed

steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
edited February 2014 in Need Help
Hi all

i run gsa ser on a dedicated laptop. its an i5 with windows 7 HP

its running fine but im thinking about adding some ram to it...Is this a waste of time or will it be helpful in the long run?

If yes, where do i buy the ram and is it easy to install

Aslo is something like this a joke?
http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

thanks all

Comments

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited February 2014
    Hey steelbone, how many threads are you using? How many projects are you running? Are you making a substantial amount of profit to justify an upgrade?

if you're looking to use 100+ threads with 100+ projects, then I suggest upgrading to a home server type machine, depending on budget and ofcourse internet speeds..

last year I upgraded a machine of mine from 4gig of ram to 8gig of ram which cost around £140 for the ram which I installed, to be fair, I did not see that much of an improvement in the way SER ran.. maybe was a little faster importing sitelists and a tiny less lag creating new projects, but nothing major.

personally, I would save the money and either go for a VPS which you can find on this forum or berman hosting, or buy a better laptop/machine with a mimimum of around an i7 4770k / 16gig ram or something.

if SER is getting you the results you want for now, just stick with it or completly overhaul your setup.

just to add, that machine I upgraded to 8 gig of ram is completely redundant now as I saw such little increase in performance and so I purchased two machines. So what im saying is you'll be wasting money only increasing ram.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    Hey Tim

Profits are pretty good....And after looking around it seems that going with a vps would be my best bet.

I use 50 private proxies and run 150 threads...amount of jobs differ daily...but usally not more then 30 or so running at one time

Thanks for the great reply...much appreciated