Skip to content

Free Software - SER Footprint Editor (easily add footprints to SER engines)

Comments

• How I can check I am having the latest version?  I am having 1.0.1.39. Is it latest one? And also does this software has update notfications function as in GSA Ser?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @idreesfarooq - Yes that is the latest and yes it does have automatic updates. :)
  • michamicha Uk
    edited January 2014
    @s4n0s, please tell me, more footprints will cause, that GSA SER will be better in identyfing platforms, or it is just for getting new websites from search engines?
  • ^ I'm curious about this too.
  • Btw, doesn't open on my VPS even after installing NET framework and necessary components :( I'm on windows server 8 (64-bit).
    @micha - No, it's just for scraping more targets from the search engines.

@sweeppicker - PM'd you.
  • edited February 2014
    Please give the options for not checking google count... I imported 4500 Footprints for Zendesk and it takes a while :-(...

before everyone asks for the footprint list:
    Download ZenDesk Footprints
  • OK problem solved, option available, i had the 1.0.0.0 version installed :-)
    @ToptActics - Actually, we just added that feature a couple of minutes ago after I read your comment but hold on, there is still something that needs to be tweaked with the import button. Stand by for another update.
  • Hi @s4nt0s, I installed the last version but I don't have (or I don't see) any platforms in SER Footprint editor. I assume I miss somewhat on my PC but I don't know what. Do you have any idea? Thanks.
    Do you have SER installed on your machine? You need to click the "load" button in the footprint editor and select the engines folder in the SER install directory. See video on the first page.
  • edited February 2014
    @XXXX: Go to the first page of this thread and watch the video. you have to define the folder in which the engine are...

@s4nt0s: i got .NET Framework Failures when working on the importation. Is that what have to be tweaked? Is the Paste button working instead?

@s4nt0s: my version still showing 1.0.0.0 but i see all the new features.
    you must have downloaded the old version? should say 1.0.2.8 at the top

• edited February 2014

Changelog is working...

after download:

When you originally installed it, did you download and install from here? http://67.231.105.140/Releases/SER/publish.htm

There were two different versions, you might have used the old version. If not, then I guess I'll need to see why the version number isn't changing. 

Either way, that feature you requested should work. 
  • i deinstalled the old version and downloaded it from http://67.231.105.140/Releases/SER/publish.htm
  • to All those modifying engines , how do you save your custom engines ? Any tips on this ?
  • Thanks, @s4nt0s, it's OK now. My IE doesn't show videos and because of this I didn't see it first.
  • edited February 2014
    Possibly a dumb question, but is there a fast way of getting all of my modified engines to be checked in SER once I've made them? Obviously my projects vary so I can't just do it in bulk...I don't think.. I have only done the Article engines, so I have plenty more work to do with this but the results are insane with modifying them.

Possible dumb question number 2 - do you just try all different types of footprints and see what the target amount is, keep the good ones, delete the bad ones? Obviously using .edu type footprints with blogspot.es wouldn't bring any results, but I have possibly 1000 footprints and want to get the most out of each engine...
  • edited February 2014
    OK i tested the software by adding the footprints step by step in little parts. It seems to be that the software cannot handle the amount of footprints. It adds footprints till an maximum of like 1700 Footprints.

If you can bugfix, this would be fine, otherwise i have to change strategie and make only "the best of the best" footprintlists with combining snippets which will be present on nearly every site of the specific plattform.

Imagine you make 1 footprint combining 3 snippets. this would be only 13 snippets to generate 1716 unique footprints. Like N*(N-1)*(N-2) = Ω = Number of "3 part" footprints with N= snippets.
  • edited February 2014

@TOPtActics - So the software is running ok on your machine now? There shouldn't be any limitation for adding the footprints via the software. What happens when you try to add more than 1700? Honestly, I don't think there is any platform out there that would need anywhere near that amount of footprints. 

@Judderman - What do you mean the modified engines to be checked in SER? Checked in what way? I try to make my footprints as targeted as possible. It's way better to have 20 targeted footprints for a specific platform then 1,000 that are more generic.
  • Hi @Santos - I mean once I've modified and saved the engines in the footprint tool, they show up in SER but with the check box unchecked/unticked. Cool thanks for the info. I knew there wouldn't be a silly quick way to do it, suppose I'd get a lot of engine/platform not supported messages in SER if I just threw all of the footprints at each engine and a tonne of duplicates no doubt.

Some of the modified engines I have produce 100x more verified the standard engines :)
  • @s4nt0s: if iam trying to add more than 1700 the software gives me the Error i send to you (private message).

In general the footprints i generate are mostly for gscraper and hrefer and i use no "inurl" etc... dorks to generate my footprints. This works perfect to find a large amount of targets which wheren't hardcore exploited because i use less general keywords but more footprints in the search. If your software restricts 1700 footprints i have a workaround, but i need to make "extra" footprintlists for SERFE with more popular footprints like "powered by ... " stuff and also use "inurl:..." stuff. So i have to search 13 URL and Text Snippets in total to generate not more than 1700 footprints. This means i have to generate specific lists for SERFE and cannot use the footprints i use in hrefer etc....

Thats no problem but an awareness
  • @s4nt0s: I can see why some specific users might find this useful but for the general user surely you add most scrap-able platform footprints to the GSA software by your amazingly frequent software updates? 
    I am no expert so can anyone answer this?
  • Got my install working. Wow. This program freakin' ROOOOOCKS :) S4ntos is the man.
  • s4nt0s, how do you handle GSA updates? i mean every time GSA update a script it will delete the footprints but you want to get updates as those are important so the script keep working?  
  • @S4nt0s is @richardbesson right about the updates wiping the footprints? I've never checked on this...
  • save your modified engines to a different folder and load them on your projects.