Skip to content

[WOW} What Is Going On Here?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
I don't know what is wrong with GSA SER, but it almost completely screwed up on of my clients campaigns. 

When I Ran the software I had it set to "pause project after 50 submissions reached in a day" ... lucky I was watching because it kept submitting and I manually paused it after 65 submissions. Why did it not stop after submitting 50 times?

I used my global site list and tried 2 private lists, but for whatever reason I still ended up getting 2 very poor quality backlinks with PR 0s and 3000+ OBLs. I don't understand how this is possible given my constraints?

Lastly, I put in 2 AA lists and after 190 submitted I only got 7 verified? How is that possible? Is there some bug?

I had my settings at:

60 threads
10 dedicated PRIVATE proxies
captcha sniper X (even though they are blog comments, so it wouldn't really matter here) 
HTML at 110
custom time between search engines = 25 
Use PR for checking = off 

Comments

• I put all of my projects on a limit today and just noticed that they aren't stopping at the set amount of verified. So, looks like it's not working.
  • @stranger

yeah no kidding... I am really hoping I get some help here soon. Have deadlines to meet and this isn't just some minor "bug" here. 
  • I, like you, just manually stopped them for now. I'm sure we'll get an answer soon.
  • please roll back to previous version with "Search_Engine_Ranker_old.exe" in "...Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker" until Sven is back tomorrow.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

OK there was a small bug when counting submissions done a day at startup. However it is working find when running. So I don't know where you get htis from. Do you have some logs showing the activity? There you should see something like...

09:01:52: [+] 003/200 unknown submission status (1400/1479 submitted - AVG: 1850.90/h) - http://....

The bold entries show the progress till the limit is reached.

• where do i get those logs from (I mean I saw when it was submitting and it would say PR too low etc.)? 

I looked at the submitted list and some of the links it verified where not even on the submitted list? 

Also some of the pages said they were PR 5 and when I went on the page to check manually, they were PR 1 (I have the setting at PR OF PAGE ON)

Let me know what data I can provide to resolve this matter quickly, thank you
    edited October 2012
    where do i get those logs from (I mean I saw when it was submitting and it would say PR too low etc.)?

Thats the thing you see in the gui only. It's not saved anywhere unless you turn the option on to save the log.

I looked at the submitted list and some of the links it verified where not even on the submitted list?

Than they might come from same root domains and you didn't check the option to verify exact URL.

Also some of the pages said they were PR 5 and when I went on the page to check manually, they were PR 1 (I have the setting at PR OF PAGE ON)

Sorry that can have various reasons. One of them is that the PR was given that way from google or you didn't check the box to skip unknown PR.

• Hey Sven, is there a bug not letting it stop at the set amount of verifications?
    It's stopping but of course you see more verifications as verification is not stopped but submission.
  • ok, it was still making submissions but is that because the program is still running stuff that is in a queue and doesn't stop right away?
    It should have stopped. See the log as posted above...you should see somehting like (1400/1479 submitted...
  • I have the same problem, both ony my VPS and on my own PC. I scrolled to the logs but couldn't find the same log, my submission logs look like this:

20:17:08: [+] 159/234 submission successful (24 submitted - AVG: 58.28/h) - http://www.markasemnonia.de/guestbook/yapgb.php
    OK thats also normal if you have chosen to pause after XYZ verifications. Than you don't see a counter but only see it announce the pause + see it in status column. Also note that the program still verifies links if it is on pause so the verified counter will still increase.
  • I understand that it still needs to verify the links it already created so it might go over the limit by a little bit. But I've set my limit to 50 verifieds per day and it already created 160 verifieds last 12 hours and it's still going on... So that's not normal right?
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    it depends to which platforms you are submitting to and how long it takes to get those verified because of moderation, etc.
    As long as you don't see it submitting all is as it should.
  • Well here a log of a project that just submitted a new link while it should be limited ( limit set at 50 a day, currently at 102, created project ~20 hours ago )
    14:06:11: [+] 22/81 submission successful (26 submitted - AVG: 121.29/h) - http://corncrake.seobybookmarks.com/user/profile/****

hmm but that line says it's at "number 26"