Skip to content

Cleaning up dead links

edited October 2012 in Need Help
After running GSA for about 5 days i decided to check my initial 175 tier 1 links by running the list though scapebox and doing a link check on them. Found about 30 dead links on the 1st tier so i had been building links to non existent links for many days.

So what is recommended? To check the tier 1 links on a daily basis?

So then if i reload the 1st tier links back into GSA will GSA start building links to those links ONLY? How about if i add some new links? How does GSA handle this? And what about the cache? Wouldn't the cache still have the non existent links in there? How do you remove the dead links from cache?

Thanks

Comments

• Ye, this doesnt seem to be working. I just noticed a link being created to a tier 1 link i deleted 1/2hr ago. WTF. That means the cache holds onto links that were deleted.

What to do about this please? Its dumb to be creating links to links that are no longer in existence. Worst yet, even after i have manually refreshed my links GSA continues to build links. Thats pretty stupid if you as me.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Slow down cowboy.

A tier project is loading the URLs of its main project when you start it and updates the list in intervals while running. If you delete URLs from the main project, you will also build no links to it anymore from the tier project. Of couse it can happen that it still does if it was in between the updates.

• What do you mean? Why cant i delete the links from the tier 1 project if 30 of the links are dead?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sure you can delete them. Did I say something else?
  • Does GSA check what links are still live? Or do we need to do this manualy?
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    manually.

mark + right click projects -> show urls -> verified -> verify
  • @itmark - SER doesn't work as a link checker, unless it's from an initial verification. There are plenty of other programs that will work for that purpose only.

http://www.scrapebox.com/free-link-checker