Skip to content

Post only to: com, org, net ?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
I know the string "!.com" but how can you add more then one? like !.com !.org !.net but that doesn't work :(

Thanks!

Comments

• you need to put all domains in one row like the manual says
  • I tried that and doesn't work then... it wont post to any domain> com/net/org

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2012
    You need to have them on the same line like this:

!.com !.org !.net

You're doing it with each one on a separate line like:

!.com
    !.org
    !.net
  • Oh right! now it works ;p i didn't read Ozz comment correct :)
  • I can't understand what you are doing and where is it prescribed?
    I want to find the sites and make them register in the profile or to leave comments only on EDU and GOV sites.

How do I do that?
  • http://i.imgur.com/sQTMg.png add "!.edu !.gov" here on the same line without the qoutes...
  • Thank you very, very!!!!
  • razzaguhlrazzaguhl Deutschland
    edited November 2016
    Hi,

Sorry for bringing up this old post. But my question is related to this topic.

The usage of the string "!.com !.org !.net"  under the option "Skip sites where the following word is in URL/Domain", will append the operator "domain:" in the search queries for search engines.

Generic example: "domain:!.com "<footprint>" "<keyword>". This will always return a wrong result, because the operator "!" doesnt work in search engines. Try searching manuel with "domain:!.com" only, returns a unusable result.

How is it possible to filter for certain TLDs in combination with search engines?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    should be fixed in next update.
    edited November 2016
    @Sven Thank you

When "!.com !.org !.net" is defined under "Skip sites where the following word is in URL/Domain" then the search query should be simply without the "!" in domain:/site: operator.

Is it possible to change the "domain:" operator to "site:" in yahoo search engine? For some reason "domain:" not always works with additional keywords appended, instead it returns all kind of TLDs.

Ex: domain:.com "angela merkel" > returns 
    1.) "99.fairfax.com.au/cf"
    2.) "www.znwhs.net/www/bundeskanzlerin.de.html"
    as far as i know, yahoo will use "domain" instead of "site" ?
    I cannot find a official documentation about yahoo operators (maybe it's merged with Bing operators now?). But domain: gives unpredictable results. Site: is steady.

Changing the "site=" option in SE.dat for yahoo has no effect. Might be hardcorded somewhere else?
    yes it is also hard coded. I will change this.
    @Sven: First, thank you for the update. But there is still something wrong...

I use following filter "Skip sites where the following word is in URL/Domain"
    !.de

Search Engine:
    yahoo de

Results in this search query:

The problem is that "site:!.de" is used in the query - that won't work. It must be "site:.de" without the "!".

that was fixed in latest update!? I have just checked it.
    sorry, in 11.36 this is still happening...

but in 11.36 the operator "site:" instead of "domain:" is used.
    send the project backup please. For me it is all fine and the ! is removed.
    @sven send you a pm