Skip to content

Does GSA still get rankings?

I love this software and still believe it can work, I think it may be me doing something wrong but I can not get any rankings at the moment with it.

I use proxies & dbc and good content set to high PR links for t1's but even for smaller practically no competition search terms seem to get no results.

On page I silo, I use kw for image file names, title's kw and include videos in landing pages and all the other non spammy but recommended on page seo.

Can anyone give any advice on best tactic/set up for GSA for best chance of rankings? how long on average do you expect to see results?

As i said I do believe in GSA and love what sven has done with software, just SEO is my main source of income and it making me a little nervy that rankings aren't happening like usual.

Am I better focusing my efforts on building my own PR network now and using GSA to boost those instead?

Really appreciate any constructive comments, thanks

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I think SER does still work, but your own PR network will always be a good investment and you can add high quality links to any url's that need a boost.

So, if you have the resources to build the network - I would recommend you do it.
  • @gooner Thanks for the reply.

What settings/ how do you use SER to get results? Even just short term ones. I was and had success in the past with setting up what I call burn Affiliate sites so set up a keyword amazon site and get it ranked for 3-5 months and make the money and then invest that in my own PR network.

But even the short term results arent happening with ultra safe settings.
  • @gooner how long do you leave to get results on average? I know there no hard and fast rules in SEO as there so many different variables but just wondered.
    edited December 2013
    @jd_pmg - It depends a lot on the keyword competition and even some other factors that we don't really know about.

I usually start with about 30 submitted per day on tier 1 (For me that will mean about 20 verified) and then leave it alone for a week or two. Then i build a tier 2 with 10x that amount.

Some kw's go to page one in a month or two, others are not showing any rankings at all after 3 months. 3 months is the cut off point for me, if nothing is happening i add higher quality links and/or increase the amount i am building with SER and/or add a tier 3.

Some people wait less than 3 months i'm sure, but i have a lot of sites to manage so i'm in no rush for them to rank.

I continue along those lines for a total of 6 months and if i'm not seeing good results i usually dump the site and switch the content to a new domain. Then take the old domain and build a video autoblog with adsense on it or domain park it. Those losers will still make a few dollars per month and cover costs for hosting, buying new domains etc.

@2take2 mentioned in another thread that building about 1,000 links right at the start of the campaign works well for him. Build the 1,000, don't index them and then go to a "per day" setting.

I've tested this over the past couple of weeks, it worked for a few sites but for a few others it didn't. But it's only been a couple of weeks so the jury is still out on those sites.

Hope that helps mate?
  • @gooner really good info mate, Thanks a lot like the idea of how to monetize the sites that don't rank.

Out of interest is yours stuff mainly affiliate or seo clients as well?
    @jd_pmg - No worries mate.

My sites are mainly SEO clients, but that info i gave you was specifically for affiliate stuff. I do more higher quality stuff for the clients.
  • Have you tried the Tier 7 data packs from RoyalMice shown at http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/gsa-ser-data-pack-plus-option-7-tiers/?

That's what I'm starting to use and many people are having success with it.
  • @gooner thanks,

So sorry last few questions haha do you use SER on clients sites? If so what would you suggest settings wise.

Or are you buying new/old domains when you get new SEO clients and sending links with SER?

Sorry for all questions I really appreciate it
  • @glennf Thanks for suggestion not seen that will probably give that a go as well
    @jd_pmg - No probs :) For clients i use SER to spam manually built web 2.0's and private blog network. Same settings as for affiliate sites.

I also build about 10 links per day to client site. PR 2+ contextual links only.

I was spamming client sites harder before, same as affiliate sites but for most offline kw's they are pretty easy to rank for. So no need to risk it.

I only buy new domains for clients, although sometimes they have a site already of course.

On the last update, the only sites that got penalised were those older ones where the keyword anchor % was too high. So it's fairly safe way to do it.

@satans_apprentice made a good point on another thread saying that your keywords (actual kws, LSI or generic) should only be 20% of the total anchor %. I agree with that.

• @gooner great info again,

so what would the rest of the keywords be in that keyword anchor text? Just random words. Is there a setting in SER that allows that?

Are the web 2.0's that you manually set up just like keyword.wordpress.com sites? And you add good content to them linking back to clients site? Then you hit them with SER?

Sorry I lied about last question haha
    @jd_pmg - lol that's cool. Yes the rest of the anchors should be generic or URL. There's a setting for that inside each project on the "data" tab.

Web 2.0's exactly as you said, although i don't go for keyword.wordpress.com because i don't need them to rank or anything and less chance of deletion if you make it randomname.wordpress.com.

Also, you're better off to add 1 or 2 articles with no links and then go a back after a couple of weeks and add links or new articles with links - Less chance of them being deleted that way too.
  • @gooner top stuff

One more do you sign up with different names and emails each time for the web 2.0's and if so do you then keep some sort of spreadsheet with all details or do you just create new web 2.0's every time you want to add more links.

Basically if you set up one web 2.0 how many links do you create to clients site?
  • it does still work but it's much harder.

1 year ago, let's say the effects of GSA SER are rated with a 10 ( very good)

now, i would give them a 2.

based on high comp keywords, not kws that bring in 1$ a day, lol
    edited December 2013
    @jd_pmg - I have the web 2.0's set up in groups. Let's say group 1 - builders, group 2 - solicitors, etc.

So for each group i have a set of web 2.0's created all with same user/pass. Then i add a couple of blank articles, then articles with links to clients URL.

Only 1 link per client URL per web 2.0 property... but a bit random i.e. article 1 has no links, article 2 has 3 links, article 3 has 1 links, article 4 has no links, etc.

Then i just add more articles and links as i get more clients in each niche. But to answer your question, only 1 client URL link on each web 2.0 property.

The reason i keep the same web 2.0's for each niche, is once you build links to them they start to get more authority and pagerank over time and will become high PR links if you do a good job.

I get 120 web 2.0's built for each group, so as you can imagine after 6 months or a year those are powerful links.
    @bekkolt - Really? Too bad i didn't use SER a year ago haha
  • @bekkolt - I agree with you in some ways mate a year ago I killed it with SER hugely getting huge terms but found it dropping off that why I asked the question think @gooner got good way to use it tho can see it making sense.

@gooner thanks I get how you organize them nice idea I know what I am doing next few days haha might even get wife in on the show haha
  • @gooner which web 2.0's do you use just wordpress?
    @jd_pmg - I get a dude on Fiverr to create 30 accounts for $5, he sends a spreadsheet of all logins etc.

For a site list just Google "high PR web 2.0's 2013" and you'll find some good lists - Just choose those with highest PR ;)
  • @gooner thanks would you be willing to private message me the guys details off fiverr?

haha good to know that fiverr is good for seo is some ways haha
    @jd_pmg - PM sent
  • If you can send me the list too @gooner, I can look and see if those web 2.0s are targetable via SER engine script.
  • @gooner @cherub that could be an idea with article manager could set and forget the articles being listed etc

@gooner have you not tried that service on here for web 2.0's its a monthly thing think its called SEREngines?
    @jd_pmg - From what i have read on their official thread most people are getting less than 20 successful properties and at best i think they only offer 30-something total.

Plus, some of the highest PR sites they don't offer at all. I haven't tried them so i don't want to bad mouth them or anything, just that i need a lot more sites for my strategy.
  • @gooner thanks for feedback,

I have bought in ages ago into SERengines and still pay prob but i found success rates way too low thought it was early set up teething issues. Think I will order from Fiverr tonight and start manually and might test SERengines on another domain see if I can get anywhere with them too. Thanks for all help today and the PM mate
    @jd_pmg - No problem at all, hope it goes well for ya.
  • edited December 2013
    For sites that I want to be really long term I just start experimenting with http://autofillmagic.com to create accounts manually (less risk of ban) and then autoposting with http://www.rankwyz.com/ to build out my private blog network. http://www.fcsnetworker.com/ does the same I think but haven't tried it. From then on I am considering anything above that network to be my Tier 1 and treat it with the same kit gloves using super secret special SER settngs. 8-}

Like with all things BlackHat (aka profitable), the more people that use it, the faster it is going to get whacked. The tool works just as well, you just need to adapt your usage of the tool.
  • @wizzardly thanks for getting involved in this.

Had a look at the rankwyz looks a good tool indeed. I can see the power in setting up web 2.0 as tier 1 and using these tools to post.

Out of interest are you building links to your clients site with rankwyz? And how many links do build to your clients sites from each web 2.0?

Guesing you using the content graber and using GSA to build links to the web2.0's?

Thanks again for input
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2013
    Hi @gooner, glad to see you went ahead and tried out what I suggested in the other thread about kick starting your new domains with a bit of a spam blast.

I've not personally had a single time when it hasn't worked to some degree or another (which is kind of a rare thing in SEO :)) ), but I have noticed that the amount of spam required is somewhat dependent on the competition of the niche, so you might need to play around with the quantities a bit.

Nice idea with the video autoblog BTW - I might have to 'borrow' that one. lol
    @2take2 - Yea it was a nice little tip, thanks for that.
    I noticed also that the numbers differ to get a good result, i've had a client bugging me for results (after one month!!! Cheeky b*stard), so i went back and spammed them a second time, hey presto they are showing rankings.

I guess the trick is judging the line between short burst of spam to get you ranked and too much spam that will get you penalised.