Skip to content

8 projects on 2GB RAM VPS

Hi guys,

do you guys think 2GB RAM is enough for more than 8 projects running at the same time?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    It should be fine i think
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    That should be totally fine... I'm running 32gig and I run around 140 projects..

SER doesn't really need overkill of memory, I think there was a memory issue with the software but as I said memory shouldn't be an issue, this only allows you to have more threads which in return allows you to open more back ground browsers etc etc

You could in theory have 500 projects going with 4gig of ram but you would need to set your thread limit to something like 20.
  • Owhh... anyway I'm running 250treads
    But sometimes lpm and treads are low....is that normal?
    250 threads might be too much, it depends on many other factors and settings.

As an example, i have 150 projects on a 4gb VPS, Using scheduler 20 projects for 20 mins with 250-300 threads... That is the absolute maximum i can use.

Each machine/set up will have it's own limits, you have to test and see what works for you.
  • Okay, but there's no memory warning came out with 250treads that I'm using.
    Anyway, ser projects usually run for how long ?a month ? It will have notification I'd its complete?
    The projects run until you stop them.
    With the memory it depends on what settings you have, if it is working then don't worry about it ;)
  • @gooner

Thanks man!
    Anyway, too many treads will hurt my website rank?
    And should I rotate and change the articles and comments in a certain time?
    eg. run each project for 1 month then change the articles

Or just let it keep running
  • edited November 2013
    may be (just may be) some of you guys may watch your CPU usage rather than threads or projects

I use a laptop dedicated to SER only, with a www connection MOST of the time of 1MBps or less (up to half or quarter MBps)
    but my limit ONLY is the CPU

fro my 2 GB memory, SER uses typically 250MB-350MB with 75 seconds HTML timeout
    but with 33 threads my CPU is mostly on 99% and every several seconds a few % points below as proof (to me) that CPU NOT overloaded

my bandwidth could easily handle ORE threads
    but my CPU clearly is MY bottleneck

even if you run VPS
    keep in mind that MANY VPS on a single physical machine with a full quad CPU

I noticed that if too many threads vs bandwidth or CPU then verified instantly lower

= sometimes less is more
    sometimes testing and optimizing on LOW power setup allows you better optimization than being spoiled with remote VPS

once you have your ideal setup on LOW power setup
    you then may transfer to high speed setup

at the very beginning of SER use I sometimes ran SER with up to 110 threads BUT much lower verified in exchange

IMO
    instead of just increasing power and threads,
    first find YOUR IDEAL ratio of
    * HTML timeout
    * threads
    * with a steady CPU of just below 100% and within your RAM limits

what is YOUR bottleneck?
    my bottleneck very clearly ONLY the CPU