Skip to content

Option To Only Select Platforms that DON'T Create a New Page

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited October 2012 in Feature Requests
Under the platforms it would be very neat to have the option to right click and select platforms that don't create new pages for links. Many times these new pages are N/A PR as they are brand new. This way we can focus on the links that are more likely to be on specific PR pages. 

Would this be useful?
Tagged:

Comments

• +1 from here :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    that would be guestbooks + comment platforms ... everything else is creating new pages.
  • Some Pligg and directories also but Pligg entries will roll off  the front page after awhile.

yes but usually the program can get a detail link on these.

trackbacks/pingbacks + referrer sites have a fixed link as well

• Don't images do so also? Yet Images and guestbooks mostly roll off the page too right? So in a sense we're left mainly with blog comments.

image comments yes...I was referring to them when speaking about comment platforms.

• Sorry, yes blog comments doesn't create a new page. I was thinking of the ability to get a high PR link. That's possible with images, guestbooks and comments, but the first two normally roll off so we're left mainly with blog comments.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited October 2012
    Could we have it as a feature though to just select these platforms? (similar to the contextual links only feature?)

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I see the feature has been added "Uncheck engines that create their own page".  :-)

When you select this, it leaves all the options enabled that DO create their own page. (e.g. forum profiles, video profiles, etc. Blog comments is NOT enabled even though this doesn't create it's own page) 

Or am I missing how to use it correctly?
  • right click -> toggle
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You learn something new everyday! I saw the toggle and tried it and wondered how it differed to select all or select none but then again I had no engines selected! 

This is a great feature!