Skip to content

MegaOCR not working with GSA

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    @LeeG Still some unanswered questions.

1. What do you check in the project, what captcha service to send (I mean the one like ask 1st service and all or all and so)?

2. Do you select recaptcha type in CB or it is automatically passed to megaOcr or does it needs to be checked?

3. Is skip hard to solve captchas option checked?

Thanks.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Easy answers

1) use all services on every project / tier

2)cb just runs normaly. The only captcha I have unticked in cb is recaptcha

3)I hit everything, let the other users of ser set their copies to skip hard to solve captchas. That way the sites with hard to solve captchas are less spammed. Unless Im hitting them :D

Again simple logic can also be used with that. You might have an easy to solve engine with not many targets, or a hard to solve engine with lots of targets. Why miss out on a chance to post a link 

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    Also If check "skip hard to solve captchas" it will skip recaptcha, will defeats the purpose really :D
  • Thanks both, good advise.

@LeeG So I assume (in case you missed one of my previous point) you set to verify all projects automatically? If yes, doesn't it impact performance a lot? I mean for you who already had 150+ at a point and draining down back to 100-120 is no biggy but for guys like me does usually does around 10 at max, has a huge impact.

Cheers.

Pratic, I replied to your question on that.

I set everything to verify automatically and also gave the reasons as to why

As with anything, trial and error.

Spend the time, finding what works best for you

What one person does, might be wrong for another due to the engines they target, how they build their tiers etc

• @LeeG Thanks. Btw I see now my SER only maxes out at 35 threads or so, I assume this is because of MegOCR limiting it? It also results in lower submissions not to mention. So would you class this as a bottleneck (at least their basic package)?

Thank you.

I have ser set to 225 threads and it runs at 225 threads all day long without any problem.

It sounds like you have another problem that you need to spend the time finding and solving

Low threads is normally keywords from memory

• @LeeG What do you mean by "keywords from memory"?

And I had it fine before this setup (and before verify automatically, maybe?).

Cheers.

My own memory is not as good as it used to be

Thats what I mean by "from memory" I could have used "I think" or "at a guess"

The only way you will find what works best for you, is to test, test and test some more

• @LeeG Oh, haha. :P

I went too far thinking perhaps you were pointing keywords from memory as in keywords from hard-disk and were proposing to use dropbox like ron said in several of his posts for better results.

So you mentioned keywords to be a problem (possibly), so high number of keywords or low number of keywords might be a problem?

Cheers.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    2)cb just runs normaly. The only captcha I have unticked in cb is recaptcha

with that setup, will cb detect recap and automatically send it to megaocr vs trying to solve it itself?

i currently have recap ticked but have it toggled to send to spamvilla vs solve it itself. megaocr is my second service set in gsa settings but im wondering if i have a flawed setup
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

>with that setup, will cb detect recap and automatically send it to megaocr vs trying to solve it itself?

yes

• Hey guys, 

The megaocr.com domain is now being managed by new developers that have a new, high accuracy OCR. 

Please navigate to their website (www.ocrmycaptcha.com) or (www.megaocr.com) so you can try the service, they're giving out testing credits. 

Cheers,