Skip to content

Using GSA like Scrapebox - Blog commenting question

edited October 2012 in Need Help
Hi all,

I have my most recent auto approve list. It has just over 100,000 links in it. Out of curiosity I loaded it into GSA and only selected Blog Commenting. It took around 6 hours to post just over 2000 comments and only verified around 1500.

I stopped the project and built a new one just see if it was a setting, and the same thing. Threads are set to 50. Is there an ideal setting to use GSA more like scrape box?

Thanks.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2012
    It's hard to say without knowing what your settings are?

First off, I'm assuming you did uncheck all the search engines in your project settings? If you don't uncheck the search engines then the software is going to scrape from the search engines and post to your list instead of only posting to your list. If it has to scrape and post, it will take more time for it to go through the list.

If you haven't done that, then definitely do it. Go into the project options > right click in the search engine field and select "check none".

Have you tried that?
  • Yup, I made sure of that when I set it up. I'm actually surprised at how much slower it is than scrapbox. Are there any settings I should go back and re-check?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It could be due to:
    1) The time taken to sort the lists into various platforms. 100 000 is a big list. 20 000 URL's takes quite a time to sort. So not surprised that you found it took a little time. 
    2) Of the 100 000 how many were identified platforms? (You can see this by using the options --> tools --> import and sort, this shows you the numbers, whereas direct import target URL's into a project doesn't)
  • i think you cant compare apples with peaches, i am trying to say you compare SB Fast Poster to SER,  i am quite sure that SB normal poster is same quick or slow as SER or vice versa,

the SB fast poster mode is just to to do a massive blast within very short time, and its kinda unique to SB, however run a link check on SB Fast poser AFTER 3 or 7 days, and you ll find literally nothing of your AA List

and the SER blog comments, not via a AA list, are a total different kind of quality

just my 2 cents thou

• OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    + what oil said.

and you should also keep in mind that SER comments to all kind of blogs and not just predefined ones. just open the "general blog.ini" and have a look at the "search term="-footprints and you'll see that it supports +15 different blog enines easily.
  • Gotcha. Thanks for the information.
  • @Comic - did you get this working correctly? 

I have had some similar issues - all search engines unchecked, etc. 

I had a list of about 3000 blogs that had been tested for auto approve within the last 24 hours and I received about 200 verified. After this point the logs said that there were no more urls in the list.

I assume that this means it did in fact go through the entire list, but for some reason was only able to post to the 200. 

Reading through this thread I'm going to take @GlobalGoogler's advice and see how many are "identified" - would this mean that if only 200 are from identified platforms the others will not be used? 

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Just my 2 cents, but if I was doing a large blog comment run, I would do it on SB. GSA is dividing its time on multiple projects on multiple platforms, and multitasking on search and verify functions. But if you are talking about GSA only doing one project - and only your comment run - then that's a different story.
  • @ron, how about this... Using GSA like SB but never verify the link... Just like SB, if you post you will not able to verify it. And if you want to verify it, you have to manually do it like SB.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @darman82 - That's exactly the way I would do it. Solo project. No verify.
  • Personally, i'd stick with SB for this, as it's much faster at posting. True, you may not be able to post to as many platforms as GSA SER, but harvest enough platforms for scrapebox, and you'll be sorted. The only thing missing, is obviously the ability to apply filters within SB.
  • edited January 2013
    nvm found the answer
  • For those with xrumer, use the Links database analysis tool. It's way faster, and I mean, way faster than SB. You can max your cpu by checking links @ 600 Threads / 80 lps :P
  • @ron Thanks, I'll give that a shot and see how the results look - makes sense.

@hyde Sadly I'm not using xrumer, but I've heard good things...and 80lps is awesome