Skip to content

Share how you would use GSA to directly target money sites

edited October 2012 in Need Help
I've been using GSA mainly to target 1st tier Web 2.0s that I've either done manually (outsourced) or using another program. I've set up quite a number of projects. I have many websites so now I'm hoping to test GSA directly on some of my moneysites. I'm hoping others can share how they use GSA for this purpose.

Here are my settings. Remember that this would only be targetting ONE site per project - the moneysite - and I probably wouldn't want more than 5-10 quality verified links per day.

1) Set OBL at 100
2) Skip sites below PR 2 (PAGE PR)
3) Pause project after 15 submissions for the day
4) Don't analyze competitors' website
5) Don't use global lists

What do you think of the above?

Now, here's where I get confused - regarding the services to use. With the PR 2 (Page PR) settings above, I would think only a few services would qualify - Blog Commenting, Guestbooks (which goes off the main page where the PR is eventually) and Images (same as guestbooks - goes of the main pr page eventually). I'm not sure what else. I don't think Guestbooks and Images are great quality links. Blog commenting is probably better. So it seems with the above settings, I will really only get good high quality links with blog commenting. (Of course, to keep it natural, I would need PR0/1 links too).

Article and Web 2.0s give good PR 0 links with lots of content. So I may do that on my money site too. But maybe use a different project since if I want to work to get high PR (2+) comments and put PR 2 (Page PR) as the criteria, that would leave out articles and web 2.0s if I use the same project.

So from the above thought process, I'm thinking of doing:
1) one project with PR 2 (Page PR) for blog commenting
2) another project that will have Web 2.0 and Articles and maybe PR 2 (Domain PR) - maybe 10 submissions per day?

What do you think of the above?

Should I use Forum, Social Network, Social Bookmark, Directory, Image and Guestbook? If so, how?

Do share your thoughts. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    1) One Project with P1+, 100 OBL, Blogs, Images, Videos, Social Bookmarks, Trackbacks,Forums,Guestbooks.
    2) One project with PR3+ Directory Submissions - then have a tier 2 here. 
    3) One Project with Contextual Links, PR3+, 100OBL, then have a tier 2 here.

You want it more spread out than you outlined and a more diverse link portfolio. PR1+ is fine. Just avoid the PR N/A sites. 
  • Thanks Global, expected your response :)

1) The PRs you mentioned are all Domain PR right?
    2) You mentioned a tier 2 for your Directory submissions and Contextual links - what would consist of the tier 2 and the criteria for it?
    3) The Contextual Links are Web 2.0 and Articles right?

Thanks.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    1) Yes, Domain PR
    2) Anything that's a quickly approved link, including a global sitelist. (blogs, video, images, forum, sb, trackback, guestbook)
    3) Yes, right click on platforms and select "Contextual"
  • Thanks, any PR criteria/OBL for Tier 2?

Would you also use post to competitors backlinks?

And for both tier 1s and 2st mentioned above, do you have any pause criteria?

Thanks!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Pr1+ for tier 2 and OBL100
    Pause after 50 verifications
    Post to Competitors backlinks is disabled. 
  • Jonathanjon I would not  risk my money site  by pointing GSA directly at it.   Domain PR means nothing. I have had a wordpress blog  I looked up two years after making it (never did anything with it but one post)  and It is PR n/a to this day. PR and authority flow through links and degrades each time it goes through a link. Wordpress.com's home page  can be a PR10  and if it has no directory that eventually links to my page then that gives me next to no benefit (in fact too many of those might get me an unnatural links notice from Google).

So I would leave GSA for tiered work unless you guys have found some  way of actually getting GSA to place links JUST  on PR pages.  I haven't got that filter to actually work so I would wait until Sven fixes it or there is some way  announced that  makes it actually work. We are past the days of blasting links to a money site to make it rank (unless you really don't care long term what could happen to it) 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @MikeAnthony - My site is a PR3 using only GSA and I have PR filter set to check at the root domain and not the page level. PR will flow just fine to your site at the domain level.

Now whether anyone wants to risk using any type of automated SEO tool on their money site is up to them of course, but I will say you can attain decent PR by getting links from domains with PR and not necessarily just pages.
  • edited October 2012
    S4ntos all depends on the sites you use. Saying that it just does regardless of the sites  is patently false Like I said if there are links to your PAGE that convey the juice then you get Pr. Besides its immaterial  what PR your site is . If it takes thousands of weak links pointing at your site to get that Pr then you risk getting and Unnatural link notice or penalty for your money site. 

No matter how you contradict it you DO NOT get PR  from the domain - its called PAGE rank for a reason. Until GSAs filters work properly then you are sending a PILE of links to a page that will only put a  money site in danger for an unnatural link notice/penalty..
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @MikeAnthony - I'm saying you can get page rank without using the PR of domain filter. Did you see my post in your other thread? I tried to explain the reasons why the filter isn't working like you imagined.
  • S4ntos I just responded to that and you are not reading the entire thread.  Even Sven has recognized there is a problem if you read that thread. Its not a problem with my imagination. its a problem with the feature not working as advertised. I've already sent over the backup files he requested.
    As far as this thread is concerned I am not disputing that you can get  pagerank without using the filter. Sure  the home page PR can on ocassion if  the links are there to your page create some pr juice for you - no doubt. All the submission tools out there do this to some degree 
    However you are missing the problem (and I really wish  software companies for SEO would learn a little bit about whats going on in SEO) - Beginning last year Google sent out  notices and penalties for sites that   use spammy links. Then  Penguin targeted  those sites as well. Sending  hundreds and thousands of links to your money site can still work fine and dandy if  and only if  - you don't care about the future risk to the site. Thats why a lot of the people who buy your product do so for tiered link building but that has a limited future as well
    Now if the feature could work that  allowed  people to only post comments, directories  etc (not anything that creates a new page) then  I'd say yeah  you could throw some stuff to  a money site and not have to post thousands to get some juice but that not being the case then if you tell people to aim GSA at their money site then you should put a warning with that as well.

• GSA worked great for me to rank internal page for low competition term. I am also a bit confused whether to keep linking to money site directly to PR 4+ domains with dofollow contextual. yes I did see postiive changes. Just that I am not sure if that would keep me safe. The links come from auto approved wiki or social network sites so not sure how good the quality of those sites are

Or maybe you can just build tier 1 and direct link it with blogger,wordpress,wikispaces and other blog platform. That way you will be safe and then link to those blog platforms so that the link juice passes to ur blog.

I would like to have some more inputs 
  • Hoolak my last word on this and I'll  leave it alone.  There is no such thing as a PR4 domain. PR means PAGE RANK.  The home PAGE will sometimes leak fractional PR to inner pages deep in a site  but many times it won't reach there either so thats why you need plenty of those links. You can do fine  ranking weak terms but in  serps where there is a lot of competition they very well may check your backlinks so if you put a lot of backlinks you could get a notice for unnatural links OR you could have a competitor report you for link spam.

All depends on how competitive your keywords are.
  • @MikeAnthony

Sorry but that made me laugh -  ...only if - you don't care about the future risk to the site

let me recap of being a webmaster since 14 years now (full time since 2003)
    - Google is super unpredictable over the past years,
    - We always come up with reasons when we lost some big G traffic of things we did wrong
    - If you rely your biz. on G. or any SE traffic you are doomed in the first place.
    - G. Traffic is nice, but its by far not that good / money making then years ago.
    - it always has been, and always will be that big G, says only X works and later we find out Y works better
    - i ve seen the funniest things that G. picked sites with literally no backlinks and sent 10K there each day, and without any given reason it stopped 5 months later - its just unpredicatable
    - the sad news is that 90% of all surfers are as dumb as it gets, if they want to visit microsoft.com they type in microsoft.com in google and not in the adress bar.
    - i wanted to say there is no point in thinking about the future risk of your site, if you rely on SE you are doomed already, albeit its reasonable not to do obviously stupid things, but collecting links to your money site is NOT stupid - cause first and foremost this is NATURAL linking Tier1, Tier2-XXX is not natural, might be harder to track, but definatley NOT natural

• ahh and another thing .... PR means NOTHING, its does not say a single thing about the traffic you have, the SE traffic you ll get, and they money you can make with your site .... sometimes i believe that the google guys shitting in their pants when they see what efforts we take into PRX backlinks bla bla .... again PR means NOTHING
  • edited October 2012
    Sorry OIl but if thats what you learned in 14 years then you probably need to get out of the being a webmaster business cause you have not learned a thing about this business in all that time.  I have no problem ranking sites and  PR of the sites linking to you IS one of the  authority metrics so saying it means nothing is  just totally nonsense. You are just confused on the issue like so many other people.  The PR of YOUR site has a little value but the PR of the sites linking to you is still a good metric of the quality of the link especially if it comes with the anchor text you are targeting.  

Plus Its pretty silly to say there is no point in thinking about the future of your business. There is not a single thing unpredictable about Google the last several years. The only people who find it unpredictable are the ones that don't listen and learn. Everything they have  gone after they said they never liked long ago.  EMDs they said they were going to fix and they did, they said they wanted to crack down on link spamming  and they did both with Penguin and with unnatural link notices sent out (which makes your claim even sillier - its not some future issue that people have gotten notices and penalties for blasting links - hundreds of thousands have got the notices - its with us now.  Pointing to some  serp here or there with a bad result isn't going to prove anything. Nothing in life is  perfect but the users of Google have spoken.  They continue to like the results and if it were so unpredictable as you claim then that would not be so. 

The only people who do that rant of yours are people who were hit by the algo changes (cause you didn't listen and learn) not actual searchers.  SEO is fine for an advertisement model. My clients have done just fine despite all the changes. SEO is not rocket science you just have to listen and learn and you will find  very little of it unpredictable and yes blasting your money sites with thousands of low quality links after Penguin updates and unnatural notices is not just stupid - its spectacularly stupid..     
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @MikeAnthony - been enjoying your discussions. Can you do a slightly longer one with a few more details? It seems that it is quite important the difference between page versus domain (and I agree with you here). Many profiles seem to create new pages, and I have my doubts if these add much value, but would appreciate your input on the matter.

OR even better if you could outline what would you advise as a best practice? (The other discussion seems to go backwards and forwards about whether or not the filters work correctly.) :D. Or you can send me a PM if you'd prefer to generate less discussion. 
  • I have PMed you, Don't want to get in a back and forth here.
  • @mikeanthony - I have to say.....I couldn't agree with you more on the sentiments above and Oil is waaaay off base, plus he's not even speaking on topic as well. We all know Google is not the "end all be all" of traffic. Mike is speaking about QUALITY over QUANTITY which is what the SEO game is all about these days. If anyone is still using low quality backlinks to their money sites (relying on PR of the domain and NOT the page PR) then your simply not evolving with the times.

MIke hit the "nail on the head" with the quality issues and inbound links of low quality sites/links to your money site. It's just plain stupid! Only the "best of the best links" should be pointing to your money sites.........PERIOD! Sure, Google and IM are never predictable, but one thing has always been fairly consistent over the last several years, quality inbound links will always stick, while lower quality gets you nowhere in the long run, especially since Google is just getting smarter and smarter as the years pass with detecting this stuff. If you want a long running, sustainable website, then I highly advise the advice given above by Mike.

I have been on both sides of the fence, getting a ton of low quality (yes, PR 4+ domain level) links to my money sites and then ONLY high quality (PR3+ page level) links and guess which ones always stand the test of time?

To anyone still thinking the low quality or in their eyes "semi low quality" links will work out for their sites in the long haul, PLEASE keep churning way with that plan. It only leaves more room for experts to rank above you with ease! :-))
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @grafx77 - seems you focus on page level quality links. I also do but there are so few platforms where this applies. I'm struggling to get these type of links. Which platforms are you using? What is your PAGE PR filter level. 3 seems quite high....

Also - another problem with low quality, is that they don't stick at all! 
  • edited October 2012
    Yes, I focus on page level quality for links ONLY pointing to my money site. This applies to ALL platforms....I think what your trying to say is, you have a hard time finding high page level links. Your just not thinking outside the box enough....there are plenty of ways to do this.

Here are a few tips.....

- Use scrapebox to find those High PR page level links. Filter them out to find the ones with low OBL and manually comment on the filtered results (PR 4+). Most high quality blogs with high PR, won't accept comments from general questions.

- Create your own high quality inbound links to your money site by posting unique articles to Web 2.0 properties like Squidoo, Blogger, Posterous, etc. Interlink them and then include 1 link back to your money site. Next, use SER to build up backlinks on autopilot to those Web 2.0s, thus passing link juice through the "highly regarded" Web 2.0s, onto your money site. If Google "slaps" anything, it will be your Web 2.0s and not your Money Site.

- If you have the cash, make a post within SEO forums (marketplaces) about your link requirements and what you expect for blog posts on other related blogs in your niche. Negotiate prices for a "lifetime" link and you'll step away with a high quality link or two, from a established website blog post, for $20-$50.

These are some genuine, foolproof ways to getting QUALITY inbound links to your money site. Remember, if your sending "crap links" to your money site, chances are, your gonna get G. slapped one day........sometimes sooner than later.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @grafx77 - Thanks for the post! Most appreciated. I have a well written set of web2.0's, and pointing links to them but getting so little traction! Will start using SB as you suggest. When using SB, are you using GSA footprints to find these page links?

@grafx77 & @mikeanthony - Can I have your thoughts on the concept of niche related links versus non niche related links?
  • 1. Your welcome. I am using Google Footprints when scraping for results, just like 99% of all SEOers. I don't know if there are such a thing as GSA footprints. There are Google or Yahoo footprints as far as Im aware of....that's about it.

2. Yeah...that's a tricky question. I've heard a lot of experts stating that you "need" niche related links and equally the same for non niche related links. I'm really not too sure if the SEs can really tell the difference, but I choose to scrape and use keyword related links/blogs/etc and use those first. If my resources seem to dwindle a bit, then I go after non-related blogs/wikis/profiles, etc. I've ranked very well with both.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Anybody else have thoughts on this forum title? Would be interested to hear...

• I will never point a tool like GSA SER to my money site. GSA SER is extremely working fine on tier2/3. For my tier 1 I use mainly High quality Web 2.0 , Blogs posts and occasionally I do bookmarks , pdf sites , video sites , wiki ..etc just for links diversity. Then I use whatever tool available to blast links to these tier 1 links. This strategy is working like a charm to rank any keyword in the world right now!. So I would say Magic submitter is the best "all in one" tool for tier1 links and GSA SER is the best "all in one" tool for lower tiers. If someday GSA SER got improved to deliver lots of high quality Web 2.0 and some WP blogs. I will definitely drop Magic Submitter for good!.  
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @mamadou - thanks for the post. Can you go into a little more detail about why not GSA for moneysite, since you can place all the filters you need. WHAT is it that MS offers that GS doesn't that makes such a difference? (I haven't used MS, maybe Sven can incorporate what it is which is why I am asking!)
  • @GlobalGoogler - I saw your comment in the mail right now while I was struggling to make some web 2.0 submissions using GSA SER and I only got 4 submissions!! 3 of them are only profile links !. That is why GSA SER is not for tier one links. It's not only about filters though , I just need a tool to send web2.0 quality article posts on High PR domains and GSA SER don't offer that. It's just as simple as that. why only web2.0 & quality blogs in tier 1 ? simply because this is the only strategy that worked for me and it's working very well. ( amazing success on all my keywords )

In MS I can get 100's of High quality web2.0 submissions all auto approval in 1 hour !! , I'm running a project on GSA SER for 2 hours right now and I can't get even 10!. I'm using high quality articles and I selected only web2.0 targets. I even removed all the restrictions from the software ( No minimum OBL , No minimum PR , No bad words filters , nothing! ) and still the submissions success rate are very very low in web2.0.

Maybe if Sven added Elgg and Jcow platforms like in UD , then we can scrape for web 2.0 blogs using scrapebox or whatever then we add them in GSA SER to post some quality web2.0 posts. He also needs to hardcode some high pr web2.0 sites ( like 20 or 30 sites ) then he needs to maintain them and fix their scripts whenever something changes on the site. If he do that I guess GSA SER will be top notch with the current generous features included in the software.

Bottom line , if you don't do web 2.0 & quality blogs posts in your back-linking campaigns you are definitely loosing a LOT. The only drawback in MS is the monthly expenses. I was trying to run away from this by using other tools but I think I must admit " you always get what you pay for".

Just my 2 cents.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @mamadou - I haven't setup too many web2.0's yet on GSA, but everyone who struggles with submission rates are using CS. You need to manually solve the catptchas or use DBC to see an improvement. 

So your only issue is that it has a low web2.0 submission rate? Surely this is just a setting to improve this. 

What are the other reasons why you don't use it for the moneysite?
  • edited November 2012
    @GlobalGoogler - Yes , I was using CS then I turned it off and I used only DBC and I set it to 3 retries. Still no joy. I used lots of programs though like SenukeXCR , Sick submitter , MS , NHSEO , Article Kevo..etc , so I know how to play with the settings here and there. The only problem I have with GSA SER is I can't find a high page rank 3+ domain that auto accepts my Articles!!.( Article directories take forever to approve my articles and most of them are junk sites!). If you can tell me some magic settings that I need to tweak in GSA SER to get some good results I will be very grateful for you. I really want to save my money but without ruining my site's seo.  

Edit: Also I forgot to say that I'm using 10 private proxies from proxy hub and they are tested in GSA SER & other seo tools and they are working fine , Only 10 threads in settings + 60 seconds HTML timeout.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @mamadou - I'm still trying to work out what you say the major difference is between GSA ans MS. Is it just the web2.0 submission rate? If so, then it's really not that different. Maybe ask around for some help on the web2.0 settings and then you're sorted. 
  • @GlobalGoogler , Where do you send your articles using GSA SER ? Are you using only comments ( blogs , images ..etc ) and wikis?

If I can't find a QUALITY place to send my articles! , that is a BIG difference between GSA SER & other softwares like UD , MS and SEnuke.

Anyway , GSA SER is a wonderful software but it's not for tier 1 ..at least with my backlinking strategies.