Skip to content

RE-verification of URLs single largest resource-WASTE criteria in entire SER on slow www connections

The last many hours, I have 3 units ON for submission (1 Unit = project OR Tier)
MOST of the time SER is busy with URL verification and/OR RE-verification
result is a LpM below 2

while the waste of resources or lack for re-verification has been reported earlier
it seems to be worst than ever now

yesterday I switched ON for the first time automated scheduling with 45 mins, then 1 hrs each at the end with 75 mins each schedule

currently working with 33 threads

and after approx half day there have been almost NO submissions done
because SER too busy on slow line to verify/re-verify thousands of links again and again after a vrief waiting period and no time left for productive submissions

there is absolutely NO technical need to verify ALL thousands of URLs of a project or lower T if only a few hundred backlinks to those URLs missing
or on last T no BLs at all are created, hence NO need for verification OR re-verification

verification of moving pages ONLY can be switched OFF when RE-verification active
re-verification on LAST Tier = there is NO technical need at all

currently this behavior is definitely faulty/wrong and the single largest resource-WASTE criteria in entire SER since many weeks

Comments

• MrXMrX Germany
    There is an option to turn of the re-verification if you dont need it. For example I only verify and re-verify my tier 1 + 2 stuff.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    just what @magicmastermind said.
  • if re-verification is turn OFF
    then verification can NOT be turned off for targets with moving pages
    as @sven has placed that option in a way that requires re-verification ON to to check skip verification for targets with moving pages

and
    re-verification NEEDS to  be done
    but surely never FOR ALL THE thousands of URLs already linked to,
    but only for the next few dozen URLs scheduled to obtain BLs by a T
    when needed as needed
    else we get 404 links
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    that moving pages option is only used for re-verification...so of course it is only available when that option is on. Seriously, what do you want to have here as option? To re-verify URLs of a certain age only?
  • MrXMrX Germany
    You could also define the age of upper tier links in tier options in your project !
  • @sven
    re-verification still the major issue in massive waste of resources
    details on substantially improving SER performance are detailed HERE a while ago

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/6173/improve-ser-performance-by-changing-re-verification-procedure

there is a clear difference between re-verification of ALL vs re-verification AS NEEDED + WHEN needed for building NEW BLs and ONLY then and in the volume (numbers) needed at any given time vs ALL re-verification

the performance gain in LpM can easily be factor 3-7