Skip to content

Can Scottish GSA Virgin clarify something with some of you more "experienced" chaps (and chapesses)

edited October 2012 in Need Help

Is the best way to use GSA to create a kinda link wheel, where....

1. My Main site is the "money site" and use GSA to promote the main site specifically, and...

2. If I create a page on -

wordpress.com, and...

squidoo.com, and...

typepad.com, and...

blogger.com, and...

aboutus.org....etc...

...each pointing/linking to my main site with appropriate "anchor text"- are these sites deemed "tier 2" sites ?

Should I then in addition to my main site, use GSA to promote each of these "spoke" (tier 2) site urls?

If so, how many "spoke" sites should I have, and which properties/platforms should I create these "tier 2" pages on?

(sorry, I just get confused with some of the terms and jargon used on here.)

Or do I need to create more "spoke" sites and another tier pointing to the above sites too?

How many "spokes" do I need, and how many "tiers" do I need   - WHAT'S YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS?

How many minutes should I pause for each day, and how many submissions should i make for my main site and spoke/tier 2 urls per day?

Many  thanks in advance guys I really really appreciate it.

Lets help each other to help each other ;)

Comments

• First off, there are a couple threads labeled something about "best practices" I think. You should check those out. If you have also not checked the FAQ thread, you should read that.

After that, to give you some VERY brief help (what you are asking could take a pretty long explanation to be complete)...

What SER can do is a "tiered" link structure (a pyramid). You are not building a "link wheel". Your site is at the top. Next, you have links that point directly to your site (tier 1). Then you have links that point to the tier 1 links (this is tier 2). And so on...

In general, it is better for the tier 1 links to be from what Google considers to be "higher quality" sites (Web 2.0, articles, blog posts). The higher the PR of these sites, the better. Then you can blast all kinds of tier 2 links at these links (directories, comments, backtracks, bookmarks, etc.). All this "link juice" filters up to your main site.

Search around a little on the forum for info on using the features of SER to build these pyramids. It is not difficult. But it is worth understanding it first before you just try to jump in.
  • thank you muchly guys
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Pleasure. If you've found the answer you need please select accept so this thread is finished. :-)