Skip to content

Document Sharing Help

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited October 2012 in Need Help
I'm just setting up the document sharing platforms for many of my projects and wanted to double check something.

I have taken an article and then added in two links on the correct anchor text (no tokens!). I have placed one link near the top and one near the bottom. 

I am creating the articles in Word, and then using www.cutepdf.com to convert them to .pdf files.

These are my questions:
1) Can SE's read .pdf text files and the links in them?
2) When I view my .pdf it seems the link is no longer active. Is this just due to cutepdf or is it a setting or do links get stripped from most pdf's? How do I get the text links to remain even in pdf format?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Solved my second issue! :-)

Turns out you can actually save .pdf within MS Word. 

Is it best practice to have links within the pdf?
  • Yes, SE's can index links within PDF documents. Is it best practice to do so? oh yes! ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Good to know! Then the obvious questions is, how many of the pdf's should we have? 1 for each keyword? Or is it like articles where we should have many articles per keyword?
  • anyone knows about good document sites or platforms like scribd? please share them in "new engines/platforms". once a good stack of those sites is added i could see the possibility that an automatic pdf creator will be added to SER ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - that is brilliant. 

Would this list help?
  • Thanks for the link. I knew of it already, but I don't have the time for it at the moment to check if a site is a good target or not. Best solution would be if someone knows a tool that post to those sites already.
  • I use document marketing robot (which is shit lol!) it posts to (on a good day...)

Yudu
    PDFcast
    Scribd
    Dox Top
    MyPlick
    Calameo
    SlideShare
    Divshare
    eDocr
    Docstoc
    esnips
    Repdf
    4shared
    Docuter
    Gigasize
    Gazhoo
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Thats what I'm talking about! Thank you very much :)

I will open a thread with thes suggestions. Hopefully someone give this a try. I don't know if I have time for this anytime soon. I have to finish other projects first.